Manager, Employee Relations & Policy - People & Organization (HR)
We are hiring a second Manager o Employee Relations & Policy. This position is a significant contributor to key functions within the People & Organization (P&O)/Human Resources department and employees' experience. The Employee Relations department is focused on creating an inclusive environment that supports all of our people, professionally and personally, to ensure that we can bring our best selves to work and drive creativity, innovation, and results by connecting with the rich diversity of our employees, audiences, and partners.
The Manager is responsible for day-to-day support of the Employee Relations & Policy function, which services the Corporate, Motion Picture, and Television business groups. This position handles routine to moderately complex employee relations matters in consultation with and at the direction of the Director (s) and SVP, along with Labor Relations for investigations into harassment, discrimination, or other complex or legally-based allegations. This role is also responsible for delivering our Spotlight on Respect training to our film and TV productions including cast, crew, and leadership.
The ideal individual will be proactive and anticipatory in approach, possess excellent judgment in a variety of situations, demonstrate superior written and verbal communication skills, have a high attention to detail, exemplify an energetic, poised, and positive demeanor. The position requires the capacity to manage multiple priorities and work well in a diverse, fast-paced, team environment. As a representative of P&O, the successful candidate also must maintain the highest level of confidentiality and diplomacy regarding all matters.
1. Investigate complex team member allegations and concerns that could implicate significant legal, regulatory, financial, or other risks including harassment, discrimination, retaliation, workplace violence, and other violations of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
2. Use excellent interviewing, interpersonal, and documentation techniques and utilize the designated online case management tool for reporting, documenting, and tracking investigations and then provide recommendations for the appropriate course of action based on the outcome of investigations
3. Engage and participate in projects and initiatives related to employee relations investigations. Review investigation cases and issue trend data and provide actionable feedback to legal, HRBP teams, and senior leaders to reduce overall risk in the organization
4. Serves as the Employee Relations representative responsible for cases involving employee leaves of absence (i.e. FMLA, STD, Workers Compensation, etc.) and reasonable accommodation requests. Evaluate requests for reasonable accommodation and engage in the interactive process. Engage with supervisors and managers to explore effective accommodations; draft correspondence regarding accommodations and the interactive process; and, track cases
5. Responsible for providing our Spotlight on Respect training to our TV and Film productions, including cast, crew, and leadership.
6. Continue to evolve and improve the framework (process, tools, guides, etc.) for managing internal allegations and claims, conducting and appropriately reporting and documenting employee relations investigations. Proactively maintain Employee Relations case management system in a timely fashion and generating reports on request from the team as well as maintain the show assignment grid and distribute as updates occur
7. Create and/or edit letters, PowerPoint presentations, and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets as requested; Maintain SharePoint sites in a proactive and timely manner; Build and verify distribution lists for internal communications; Coordinate and organize employee trainings and other initiatives
8. Participate in and contribute to the proactive review and implementation of process improvements within P&O; Partner with HRIS on supporting tools/systems and troubleshooting issues; Actively manage team calendars as required; Promptly process invoices and expense reports
• Bachelor's Degree
• Strong knowledge of federal and state employment law and standard methodologies in conducting workplace investigations
• Experience working with HR information systems and investigation case management software
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, especially as they pertain to conducting workplace investigations
• Experience conducting trainings around compliance and respectful workplace culture
• Strong creative problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and intuitive sense of business acumen
• Ability to execute responsibilities with attention to detail, reliability, and efficiency
• Ability to interface and partner with HR and non-HR stakeholders to achieve results
• Demonstrated knowledge of HR and employment concepts relating to ADA, FMLA, and other local, state and federal employment law and practice, labor relations, and other HR disciplines
• HR, SPHR, SHRM or other certification highly preferred; masters or higher work in HR, labor relations, business or related fields also a plus
• Apply curiosity and proactively seek to learn about Sony Pictures, the HR function, and the role HR plays at Sony Pictures
• This position may require travel
• 3-5 years HR experience with at least 2 of those in conducting workplace investigations and accommodations
The anticipated base salary for this position is $105,000 - $115,000. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv807n-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.