Manager, Client Services
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) currently distributes transactional digital content (TV and Features) in 100+ territories and to major multi-regional retailers such as SKY, Rakuten, iTunes, Google Play, Amazon, Microsoft and many others. As a part of Distribution Content Services (DCS), the Home Entertainment (HE) Client Services team oversees media distribution for both Digital (transactional VOD - TVOD) and Physical (DVD, Blu-ray & UHD discs). The TVOD Client Services portion of the team enables distribution through management of the Digital Supply Chain, ensuring on-time and high-quality avails and product deliveries, as well as strategic execution of high-profile Digital initiatives via flexible and scalable processes. The Client Services team in EMEA is a vital hub enabling the growth and evolution of SPE TVOD's largest international market – EMEA, which makes up 75% of the SPE's international TVOD sales (as of FY23), as well as a support system for home office's Global retailers, which make up 71% of total TVOD sales to date and international-focused initiatives.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager overseeing Client Services team in EMEA, the Manager will be responsible for storefront and territory execution utilizing aspects of technology, sales, operations, programming, and strategic planning for most coveted areas of SPE's TVOD EMEA region, comprising of 96 territories and 415 digital storefronts. He/she will be accountable for the Digital supply chain across international/EMEA territories, programs and clients as assigned by the Sr. Manager. This role will work with key stakeholders to ensure that all initiatives and Feature/TV releases occur according to plan. This role requires direct communication and relationship management with the respective Territory Digital Account Managers (TDAM) and Sales Planners, Marketing and IT. Externally, cultivating our operational relationships with the Digital Retailers (such as Amazon, iTunes, Google Play, local retailers) and vendors as needed.
The seniority in this role reflects the expanded complexity of work required by the dynamic Digital marketplace of early windows and high demand for SPE's massive franchise/catalog volume. It will play an advisory role to the Sr. Manager on allocation of work as business evolves. In parallel, it will focus on execution of core business responsibilities and strategies, continually drive for results, and maintain strong relationships with digital retailers and TDAMs. This Manager role will work with the Sr. Manager and fellow Client Services colleagues to lead global and/or international based initiatives within and beyond EMEA, e.g. VOD Transition project, TV EST strategy, Digital Acceleration Project (DAP) / Catalog Growth Initiative (CGI) target goals FY23 +, Global retailer demands (Apple, Amazon, Google), Home Office/LA-based needs, special projects tied to catalog volume increases and early New Release windows, etc.
This demanding and fast-moving position requires someone who is agile, fearless in taking the lead while collaborating. This person is a confident and clear communicator, a dedicated team player, a curious, critical, and analytical thinker with positive outlook, and someone able to exercise good judgment and initiative
Core Responsibilities of this role will include:
• Owns strategic operational relationships with several major client accounts and assigned territories, aka digital media retailers such as SKY, Amazon, Rakuten, Apple, etc.; demonstrating a bias to action and pro-active communication to foster a robust and collaborative partnership
• Strategize directly with digital retailers to address day-to-day needs/issues, execute promotions and non-standard initiatives, long-term forecasting, expansions, and new launch plans
• Onboarding - Drives in defining client's program and specification requirements
• Understands client's priorities and strategies while providing support and service to client accounts, ensuring comprehensive product fulfilment, delivery resolution and service after close of sale/contract confirmation.
• Ensures the achievement of deal/contractual goals and, ultimately, company revenue recognition
• Sets and manages the expectations of clients regarding all material types: avails and content media. Identifies and resolves technical and operational issues that hinder the execution of deals
• Serve as SME specializing in Digital platform customer specifications, cultivate a deep understanding of each retailer's culture, capabilities, and storefront experience to maximize revenue-generating initiatives and optimize product placement
Storefront Territory Execution
• Lead execution and delivery of avails, video, audio, subtitle, artwork and metadata assets in adherence to SPHE and customer specifications by leading cross functionally, exercising project management skills and delegating appropriately to achieve on-time, accurate release of SPHE content
• Expert in executing on time initiatives using Sony's various systems including PRISM, BOP, Partner Portals
• Project manage new customer onboarding and launches liaising with partners, internal servicing and Account teams to understand and document requirements and timelines
• Manage and drive communication of digital internal release schedule and pricing to partners via reporting and business-to-business integrations
• Leverage robust, evolving expertise of territory best practices and Digital Retailer specifications to influence and guide business/territories on release strategy and pro-actively address regional release schedule challenges and nuances
• Project Lead for TDAM as part of Commercial Team and virtual Territory team executing strategic directives and fiscal targets for each territory/region such as release info data pertaining to each title release.
• Anticipate partner needs with key Account Management leads as Digital strategy evolves quickly, adapt to the changes required and drive/create new processes to support that change.
• Proactively define, communicate key process and system requirements to Account Management to ensure execution success; manage expectations accordingly
• Participate in custom RVOD release planning with SPT on deal nuances and requirements
• Drive and enhance workflows based on key learnings on new windows/early windows and other experimental release patterns
• Oversight of process and execution of territory work
• Set up and maintenance of Client Profile for all retailers in designated regions, including partnering with Servicing to complete retailer requirements.
• Maintain pre-check/day of storefront checks for the EMEA markets and communicating with key commercial and marketing stakeholders.
• Guide localization decisions based on regional expertise
Cross Functional Team/Dept Execution
• Work with and direct internal/external teams to execute marketing, merchandising and promotional efforts aimed at driving transactions on key digital launches, drafting opportunities, seasonal/holiday-based campaigns, bundling/voucher initiatives, etc.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjww3b-3-238-98-39-42 in your application.