Local 174 Mail Clerk
• Slotting, sorting and distribution of all newspapers, trades, magazines, incoming and outgoing US mail and pouch items.
• Updating of all mail slots.
• Delivery of any faxes that are generated in the department.
• Forward all mail once a week, for 30 days after tenants has vacated their offices.
• Adhere to mail run schedules.
• Must be courteous and helpful when dealing with tenants.
• Logging of all courier/special postal items, along with researching proof of deliveries as needed.
• Maintain an accurate delivery log by using an inbound bar-code system and/or manual log sheet
• Deliver packages and boxes to their final destination.
• Pick up overnight, courier and special shipments and deliver to designated shipping area.
• Must be able to lift and transport 75 pounds when necessary.
• Light typing required.
• Knowledge of postage systems.
• Metering and processing of US mail.
• Available for overtime, as needed.
• Support all areas of Logistics Services (Central Receiving/9050-Imageworks) when necessary.
• Perform any other required duties, as assigned by authority person (s) of Logistics Services.
• Previous mailroom experience a plus, but not necessary. The applicant must have good customer service skills; will be answering telephone inquiries and will be in contact with all levels of employment. Must have good attention to detail.
• Must be able to work independently, in terms of returning from mail run and assigned tasks in a timely manner.
• Must be a team player, with the ability to work well with others in a group environment.
• Must be able to lift and transport heavy loads with push cart/dolly. The mail routes will be performed on foot, with a dolly and/or driving an electrical cart.
• This position requires a valid California Driver License for operation of electrical cart.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz17q2-34-231-247-88-42 in your application.