Position: Systems Engineer - Helpdesk Associate (YVR)
Sony Pictures Imageworks, an industry leading Visual Effects and Animation studio located on the traditional territories of the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh Nations, also known as Vancouver , BC, Canada , is seeking a Helpdesk Associate. This Job demands excellent communication and customer service skills, along with collaborative team involvement. A few of the main duties will include triaging helpdesk support tickets/requests and providing technical support to users, and onboarding/offboarding user accounts. You will support projects involving computing technologies in the areas of large-scale systems administration and engineering including building, installing, deploying and supporting end-user laptops and workstations for both Sony Pictures Imageworks and Sony Pictures Animation.
Here at Sony, you will be supporting Artists and Overhead teams with digital workflow for visual effects, animation production, and day to day Helpdesk support. This is a great opportunity to work on technically challenging projects in a very creative work environment of talented Engineers and Artists.
Who we are:
The Systems group is a diverse team with a thirst for problem solving, building customer relationships, and working in a team environment.
Our Systems department is responsible for supporting up to 1,000 + users in a high-performance production environment. We support this by implementing and developing procedures, processes and standards to improve our Systems and Helpdesk administrations across our locations in Vancouver, Los Angeles and Montreal.
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
• Provide customer service and technical assistance to all users remotely and or onsite for both SPI and SPA by triaging tickets via our ticketing system
• Answer helpdesk phone and provide phone support
• Setup and configuration of new users
• Imaging of Windows systems, Mac desktop and laptop systems
• Deployment of keyboards, mice, monitors, PCoIP portals and workstations
• Build and deploy hardware and software systems as necessary
• Remote administration using Apple and Windows Remote Desktop
• Mac OSX and Windows administration
• Assisting users with and configuration of Enterprise Google Apps Suite
• Basic troubleshooting of issues often found in Unix environments
Candidates must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills with a preferred background in systems administration and or engineering, preferably with a focus on Linux/Mac/Win operating systems. Project requirements are often dynamic and are extremely fast paced, the ideal candidate is someone who can easily step out of their comfort zone and handle tasks beyond the scope of their expertise and responsibility. Versatility, resourcefulness, and adaptability are key characteristics to possess for this job.
• College degree, or equivalent post-high school education or experience.
• Computer Science background preferred but not required
• Previous experience in customer support, or computer operations and or system administration.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d80ojk-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.