Sony Pictures Imageworks, an industry leading Visual Effects and Animation studio located in Culver City, California, USA, is seeking an Associate Systems Engineer. The job demands astute and critical thinking coupled with basic systems administration to support solutions in a unique industry that combines high performance computing with digital artistry and storytelling. You will support projects involving computing technologies in the areas of large-scale systems administration and engineering including building, installing, deploying and supporting end-user laptops and workstations for both Sony Pictures Imageworks and Sony Pictures Animation.
Here at Sony, you will be supporting Artists and Overhead teams with digital workflow for visual effects, animation production, and day to day Systems support. This is a great opportunity to work on technically challenging projects in a very creative work environment of talented Engineers and Artists.
Who we are:
The Systems group is a diverse team with a thirst for problem solving, building customer relationships, and working in a team environment. Our Systems department is responsible for supporting up to 1,000 + users in a high-performance production environment. We support this by implementing and developing procedures, processes and standards to improve our Systems and Helpdesk administrations across our locations in Vancouver, Los Angeles and Montreal.
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
• Provide customer service and technical assistance to all users remotely and or onsite for both SPI and SPA
• Answer helpdesk phone and provide phone support
• Setup and configuration of new users
• Imaging of Windows and Mac desktop and laptop systems
• Deployment of keyboards, mice, monitors, PCoIP portals and workstations
• Build and deploy hardware and software systems as necessary
• Remote administration using Apple and Windows Remote Desktop
• Responsible for workstation and user moves within the facility
• Printer (and multi-function device) administration, setup and installation
• Mac OSX and Windows administration
• Assisting users with and configuration of Enterprise Google Apps Suite
• Basic troubleshooting of issues often found in large-scale networked Unix environments
Candidates must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills with a preferred technical background in systems administration and or engineering, preferably with a focus on Linux/Mac/Win operating systems. Project requirements are often dynamic and are extremely fast paced, the ideal candidate is someone who can easily step out of their comfort zone and handle tasks beyond the scope of their expertise and responsibility. Versatility, resourcefulness, and adaptability are key characteristics to possess for this job.
• College degree or equivalent post-high school education or experience.
• Familiarity with Python/Bash Scripting
• Computer Science background preferred but not required
• 1-2 years of PC/Mac/Linux related experience.
• Ability to configure workstation/server network interfaces.
• Previous experience in customer support, computer operations, or system administration.
• Familiarity with Adobe, Autodesk and other Visual Effects (VFX) and Animation software preferred
To apply, please send your CV/resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the email subject line.
Sony Pictures Imageworks is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1pk7x-3-81-89-248-42 in your application.