Software Engineer - Nuke
Sony Pictures Imageworks is located on the unceded traditional territory of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh First Nations. We are committed to respecting traditional lands, and working with communities towards reconciliation.
What you will be doing:
The Nuke Pipeline engineer develops and maintains an efficient and creative workflow for compositing artists. This includes continued integration of Nuke into an established studio pipeline, providing direct support to artists on a large suite of custom tools, creation of new plugins, scripts, and user interfaces. This position requires collaboration with in-house engineers, outside vendors, as well as compositing and lighting artists. The tools created help to facilitate cutting edge imagery on a wide variety of shows.
• Experience programming in Python and C++
• Experience with Nuke's python APIs, NDK, gizmos, and compositing workflows
• Knowledge of compositing, lighting and studio pipeline development
• Good communication skills and an aptitude for working in small teams
• Experience writing image and/or geometry plugins in C++ in Nuke or other compositing package
• Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent
• Stereo workflows and toolsets
• Experience with UNIX / Linux / git
• Knowledge of third party graphics applications (e.g. Maya, Houdini, Katana, Unreal)
• Experience with USD.
• 3-5 years creating libraries, custom plugins, and UI tools for VFX studio
• Working knowledge of various DCCs used in our industry
• Experience working directly with artists and supervisors in a fast paced environment
Some of the types of tasks associated with our group include:
• Core technology growth in our Nuke compositing pipeline.
• Software deployment.
• Ongoing contributions to open source projects like OpenColorIO and OpenImageIO.
• GPU implementations for visualization of assets.
• Support color integration for all shows and outside vendors as well.
• Creating cutting-edge, next generation NPR workflows and toolsets
• Reducing the time to first pixel as well as finding efficiencies in our pipeline.
• Continuously improving toolsets, as needs arise, for show driven technology requirements.
We value unique perspectives, and want diverse, unique talent to work with us. We encourage candidates from all identities to apply.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn3wq5-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.