Software Engineer - Modeling & Texturing
Sony Pictures Imageworks is located on the unceded traditional territory of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh First Nations. We are committed to respecting traditional lands, and working with communities towards reconciliation.
We are looking for a passionate Engineer for support and development of our Asset pipelines. The ideal candidate is a strong coder, investigator and communicator who is looking to collaborate on projects of varying size with an emphasis on meeting the needs of Modeling, Texture and other Asset departments with time-sensitive deadlines.
Candidates must have strong technical chops and enjoy collaboration with artists and other engineers. They must be at ease working with little supervision and/or with a Lead Engineer in an environment where production demands can shift priorities more quickly than some traditional software environments.
• Support & develop Modeling & Texture pipelines, systems, tools & plugins
• Review incoming issues from Modeling, Texture and other Asset departments
• Improve efficiency of the Dev team
• Work with in-house artists, pipeline teams, senior engineers, leads & architect to:
• Triage issues , collect information to try and get to the source of the problem.
• Recreate issues/bugs.
• R esolve issues, bugs and work on new features requests.
• Work with Production to identify artist workflows issues and challenges and help come up with solutions and tools.
• Analyze common and chronic issues and evaluate solutions with artists.
• Access needs, propose recommendations for improvements and produce elegant solutions.
• Test new updates with testers before they are pushed onto shows.
• Create and maintain user documentation and team documentation.
• Help with Testing, Code review and Quality analysis.
• Experience with supporting and developing Modeling & Texture pipeline tools.
• Experience with Python and PyQt/PySide.
• Experience working with Linux operating systems.
• Experience with Maya API and Maya plugins is a plus.
• Experience building asset pipelines around Photoshop, Mari, Substance painter, Substance designer and Clarisse is a plus.
• Optional experience with C++ is a plus.
• Good with problem solving skills and ability to break down problems to isolate the cause.
• Experience with test-driven development workflows.
• Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
• Excellent in working with others in a Team.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies is a plus.
• Degree in Computer Science or similar education is preferred.
We value unique perspectives, and want diverse, unique talent to work with us. We encourage candidates from all identities to apply.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx9j8z-44-192-38-248-42 in your application.