Sony Pictures Imageworks is located on the unceded traditional territory of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh First Nations. We are committed to respecting traditional lands, and working with communities towards reconciliation.
Sony Pictures Imageworks Canada Inc.
725 Granville Street, 5th Floor
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V7K 1Y4
Language in work environment - English
Benefits per company policy: include healthcare, tuition reimbursement, RRSP's, Sick and Vacation leave, standard increases as applicable
Sony Pictures Imageworks is looking for a Lookdev Engineer to join our team in Vancouver or Montreal, Canada.
This position requires strong software development skills, expertise in one or more programming languages, and the ability to design high quality, robust, and easy to maintain code and tools. The engineer is primarily responsible for development and implementation of production and studio lookdev tools under the guidance of our Lookdev Architect. This position requires collaboration with other engineering staff, project managers, and production artists to develop and implement innovative studio capabilities. As part of our Lookdev team, you will work closely with the Lighting and Rendering teams, as well as gain in-depth knowledge from our partnership with Foundry.
What You'll Be Doing:
• Writing tools and Katana plugins for the lookdev and lighting teams
• Working directly with the FX, Lighting, Rendering, or Comp engineering teams to integrate your solutions
• Discovering solutions that generate outstanding images for the artists on our feature films
• Contributing to open source projects like OpenColorIO, OpenImageIO, OSL, USD, and more.
• Experience programming in C/C++ and python
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience with UNIX / LINUX
• Experience with industry lighting tools, like Katana
• Knowledge of user interface design and standard UI toolkits, specifically QT/PyQT
• Proven ability to deliver high quality software in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Understanding of large-scale digital production for Animation and Visual Effects
• Understanding of computer graphics concepts and plugin development for DCC platforms
• Understanding of file formats and data representations used in Animation and Visual Effects
• An understanding of Open Source projects that are critical to our industry: OpenColorIO, OpenImageIO, OSL, USD, and more.
We value unique perspectives, and want diverse, unique talent to work with us. We encourage candidates from all identities to apply.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv2k3n-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.