Sony Pictures Imageworks is located on the unceded traditional territory of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh First Nations. We are committed to respecting traditional lands, and working with communities towards reconciliation.
Sony Pictures Imageworks Canada Inc.
725 Granville Street, 5th Floor
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V7K 1Y4
Language in work environment - English
Benefits per company policy: include healthcare, tuition reimbursement, RRSP's, Sick and Vacation leave, standard increases as applicable
Sony Pictures Imageworks is seeking a Senior Storage Engineer!
The Senior Storage and Backup/Recovery Engineer will be part of an infrastructure operations team responsible for effective day-to-day operation of the Storage & Backup Infrastructure within the enterprise. The Engineer must be a hands-on person with strong storage and backup understanding not limited to SAN, NAS, EMC, Zoning, CIFS and NFS, deduplication, replication, security and data protection and disaster recovery. You will also be assigned to certain projects or other initiatives as time permits.
• Bachelor's degree, with a preference for Computer Science, Engineering or other technical degree
• 10+ years related work experience, which includes experience with NAS, SAN, and Backup/Recovery technologies
• 3+ years of experience in VMware hypervisor, Windows and Linux operating systems
• 5+ years of experience developing user documentation
• Engineering experience with object storage, cloud-ready and software-defined storage systems.
• Engineering experience working with development teams optimizing storage solutions for containerized environments using Kubernetes (k8s).
• Engineering experience with knowledge in all aspects of designing, developing, and managing enterprise storage systems
• Demonstrated awareness of the importance of reliability and security in storage solution design
• 5+ years of experience with NetApp, Dell Powerscale or Qumulo or similar storage technologies
• 5+ years of experience with Brocade fibre channel fabrics
• 3+ years of experience with NetBackup, Commvault, Cohesity or Rubrik backup/recovery product
• Public cloud storage and backup experience (Azure, AWS, GCP)
• SaaS storage and backup solution experience
• Kubernetes(k8s) or Openshift experience
Skills and Responsibilities
• Enterprise Storage Engineering and Operations subject matter expert
• Manages storage infrastructure, including SAN, NAS, Public cloud storage, and Data Protection (Backup/Recovery)
• Duties include operational maintenance, monitoring, provisioning, performance tuning, configuration, reporting, capacity planning, break/fix, life cycle, patching and upgrades
• Mentor others as it relates to enterprise storage
• Works with operations and engineering teams to plan and coordinate the future state of the storage environment
• Collaborate with business/customers in identifying technical requirements, designing, and implementing storage solutions
• Define and implement standards as well as best practice for storage
• Develop and maintain documentation including procedures, diagrams, and runbooks
• Adheres to ITSM and change control processes
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
• Building and managing relationships with key people in the organization.
• You will establish a clear understanding of the company's vision, goals and strategy and actively contribute to the achievement of the goals and execution of the strategy.
• Growth-oriented with a history of consistently meeting deadlines.
• Excellent written and spoken technical English.
• Ability to work with distributed teams
We value unique perspectives, and want diverse, unique talent to work with us. We encourage candidates from all identities to apply.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8xb2q-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.