Sony Pictures Imageworks
Sony Imageworks is seeking an Operations Manager!
Sony Pictures Imageworks is located on the unceded traditional territory of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh First Nations. We are committed to respecting traditional lands, and working with communities towards reconciliation.
We are looking for a Manager, Operations to join the Sony Pictures Imageworks Canada Operations team. This position requires an individual who is highly detail oriented and organized, client-focused, and able to function effectively in a fast paced and very fluid environment. The position is located in Vancouver, Canada.
- Support, lead, and guide the Operations team; problem solve day-to-day challenges and requests
- Provide ED with regular updates, and report on current and/or upcoming challenges
- Ongoing review and updating of operations training material, and studio operational content on the SPI Vancouver homepage
- Facilitate and maintain YVR headcount reports
- Oversee building maintenance and building related issues including HVAC, building engineering, plumbing, and furniture requests
- Manage an array of maintenance concerns, both routine and major. Must be aware of activities that occur on property (events, projects, relocations, emergencies, other tenant activity that could impact Imageworks operations, etc.)
- Help facilitate set up and take down coordination for studio events
- Interface with studio vendors regarding service levels, special requests, and coordinate on site visits
- Oversee operations related helpdesk tickets, insure tickets are addressed in a timely manner with a high level of customer satisfaction
- Identify opportunities to improve studio operational efficiency and propose miscellaneous projects that would add value
- Knowledge of LEEDS certification, and environmental best practices
- Knowledge of ergonomics and general health and safety best practices
- Conduct daily/weekly building inspections to confirm operational activities are being executed and completed to a satisfactory standard. Monitor interior and exterior maintenance needs, and follow-up on overall result of work
- Partner with digital production to coordinate repairs and maintenance of the production areas once the production team have vacated
- Participate in organizational and space planning
- Must possess exceptional organizational and follow through skills and be able to multi-task and prioritize with attention to detail
- Must demonstrate professionalism, diplomacy and discretion when dealing with co-workers, executives etc.
- Must possess excellent written & oral communication skills
- Analytical and computer skills are crucial
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written
- Great organizational skills, priorities decision making and attention to detail
- Excellent internet research ability
- Independently and proactively problem solve with the big picture in mind
- Be a self-starter with a team player attitude
- Ability to work in fast paced environments with shifting and often times, competing priorities
- Demonstrate common sense, discretion, and attention to detail
We value unique perspectives, and want diverse, unique talent to work with us. We encourage candidates from all identities to apply.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d99649-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.