Assistant Technical Director
Sony Pictures Imageworks
Sony is looking for an experienced Compositing Technical Director to work with Compositing supervisors and pipeline to build compositing tools to assist the execution of the current project and advance the capabilities of the facility.
In this highly technical role, you will interact with technology departments, leads and supervisors in the compositing department and be directly involved in the development and maintenance of software for nuke
You will be responsible for the planning and development processes, technical architecture and quality standards. You should have experience in the development of VFX pipelines, an excellent ability to communicate effectively with both technical and creative crew.
• Provide support for all departments using Nuke and other 2d tools
• Maintain and create tools using a combination of custom gizmos, scripts and libraries with the Nuke Python, TCL, and QT. C++ API experience a plus
• Proven experience creating innovative and robust production pipeline development and workflow solutions
• Knowledge of and experience using Linux environment
• UI development & Qt experience
• Experience with compositing, color science, working with artists in production.
• Integrate new tools into the studio's existing pipeline.
• Write and update documentation for tools, techniques and workflows
• Experience with Asset Management Systems, Maya & Arnold is a plus
Leadership & Communication
• Strong interpersonal communication and teamwork skills.
• Strong time management skills
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Strong technical understanding of VFX workflows
• Large scale pipeline concepts - production databases, event-based automation etc.
• Experience with 3d VFX software. eg. Maya, Katana or Houdini
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent is a plus.
Please submit a reel and resume