Content Operator and QC Specialist
Culver City, CA
Director, TV Post Production & VFX
Sony Pictures Entertainment is a leading creator and distributor of entertainment products, services and technology. Our global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution, television production, programming and syndication, home video acquisitions and distribution, operation of studio facilities, development of new entertainment technologies and distribution of filmed entertainment in over 70 countries.
Sony Pictures TV Studio is looking for a Dir Post/VFX to join our team in Culver City (you will be working remote until we return to the office). Reporting to the VP Post/VFX, the successful candidate must be comfortable with VFX, particularly in regards to communicating with multiple parties in managing budgets. This would include knowledge of regional tax incentives (city, state and country), vendors and personnel. Collaboration, communication and comfort with budgets are the main requirements.
The idea candidate must also have in depth understanding of the VFX and workflows, collaborative experience and the ability to manage multiple teams and projects. They know what it takes to support world class product that services a global network of VFX artists and a wide range of buying teams and content verticals. Our team works with VFX houses all over the world, and we sell to many different types of networks so the incumbent must be able to adapt to all of them.
• Assist in breaking down all scripts for visual effects for budgeting purposes and early conversations of scope.
• Assist in creating visual effects budgets, including visual effects show staffing for all projects.
• Collaborate with producers on how to shoot certain visual effects shots or how to bring down the scope of visual effects work to achieve budget goals.
• Manage all contract negotiations in tandem with legal for all visual effects and main title vendors.
• Recommend main title houses to show producers.
• Recommend visual effects houses and visual effects personnel to show producers.
• Work with production to maximize tax credits for visual effects.
• Assist accounting in supplying all required information for tax credits.
• Tracks costs for all visual effects on all shows.
• Assist in distributing all visual effects shots to creatives for visual effects noting.
• Assist in gathering all studio creative notes on all visual effects and provide feedback on visual effects to visual effects supervisor, visual effects producer, visual effects house, and post production.
• Oversee all operations of visual effects staff and artists at in house facility.
• Assist in managing day-to-day post production needs on all long form projects.
• Supervise show post production sessions and show personnel as needed.
• Assist in recommending long form post production personnel and workflows.
• Back up VP of post-production and visual effects as needed.
• Backs up post production department as needed.
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience)
• 5+ years of technical production, operations, or project management experience in a studio environment
• Communicate complex tasks across departments, provide strategic in-depth analysis and recommend thoughtful solutions
• Extensive knowledge of post-production workflows, technologies, and pipelines
• Thrive in a demanding, complex environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
• Motivated, disciplined, and able to work autonomously
• Skilled in developing technical solutions and creatively applying them in operational problems
• Up to date on new production technologies, able to adapt them to new trends and incorporating them with minimal guidance
• Thrives on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.