Full Time Job
- Full Time
- Executive (10+ years) Experience
Job DescriptionDirector, Marketing
The Director, Marketing, will have overall responsibility for initiating and developing comprehensive 360-degree innovative marketing strategy and campaigns, supervising media planning and advertising buying, publicity, digital/social media and promotional partner tie-in campaign executions for all Sony Pictures releases in South Korea.
This role will lead a team to maximize film potential through precise positioning, creativity and innovation. Working closely with regional and home office to decide the best marketing approach for the South Korea market, the incumbent is responsible to strive for the most appropriate creative materials to support each campaign direction.
• Build efficient, effective marketing and publicity communications strategy and execute plans for each film release by providing overall marketing and creative direction.
• Manage a marketing team, external agencies and vendors to efficiently execute marketing activities. Set goals, provide feedback and establish a positive team culture of collaboration.
• Define and monitor business objectives linked to film marketing – by providing objective, data-driven marketing recommendations based on an in-depth understanding and analysis of film content, audience and market information.
• Provide feedback on screened films/scripts/materials and creative direction to regional and home office.
• Responsible for all applicable territory reporting, presentations, brainstorming and filmmaker requests relevant to all marketing activity in South Korea.
• Manage budget planning and control overall expenditure for the entire marketing, publicity and promotional executions for each film release.
• Provide success metrics and post-release analysis for marketing campaigns.
• Ensure Sony Pictures policies and guidelines are implemented and strictly adhered to. Maintain up to date reporting and status via internal proprietary systems.
• Foster and develop good relationships with business partners in media, exhibition and the general marketing community.
• Build synergies with Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) entities and related divisions.
• Minimum Degree in marketing, communication, advertising, business administration, or relevant disciplines.
• Typically a minimum of 10 years of marketing experience in an entertainment or related industry
• Strong leadership, personal integrity, influencing and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and develop internal and external relationships, including clear communication with key stakeholders across departments such as the Managing Director, Distribution Sales and Finance Leads at all levels – local, regional and home office.
• Thorough understanding of the media sector and research with the ability to use data to formulate action plans.
• Excellent all-round communication and presentation skills.
• Strong planning & analytical capability.
• Fluency in English, both in writing and speaking is a must.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to their race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable)
KOR - Seoul - SPRI
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvzjx7-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.