Director, Imaging Technology
The Director, Imaging Technology reports to the CTO and EVP o f Technology in the Sony Pictures Technology Development group. The Director, Imaging Technology Director will research, design and develop technologies and workflows which improve content quality of Sony Pictures, restoration, production, post-production and distributed content. They will also serve as a key member of Technology Development staff and acts a s a Subject Matter Expert (SME) providing expertise to the various production and post-production groups within the studio.
• Participates as Subject Matter Expert (SME) as required for design reviews and technology and tool selection, as well as participating in industry standards groups on behalf of the studio.
• Works with solutions vendors to develop new technologies for Sony Pictures Entertainment
• Helps to develop departmental standards, guidelines and methodologies for current and upcoming technologies.
• Participates in defining new workflows and identifies new tools and helps introduce them into production.
• Works closely with Feature and TV Post-Production teams to deliver creative solutions to complex technology challenges and meet business requirements.
• Works closely with post supervisors and or production staff to support on-going productions.
• Stays abreast of Production, VFX, Post Production practices on current productions, across studios
• Provide technology demonstrations
• Work with the engineering staff to architect, developing and implement solutions for imaging and color science
• Manage R&D lab systems and infrastructure
• Work directly with Sony Pictures post-production vendors to implement workflows and tools
• Work directly with clients to implement workflows and educate regarding new methods of post-production for all distribution formats
• Provide support to the Mastering group in working with outside post facilities
• Work with engineers at Sony Japan/SNA/PSA/DMPC and SPE on developing new display and processing technologies.
• Provide support to other Sony Pictures entities as required
• Working with 3rd parties to stay abreast of current and future tools
• Write and present papers for technical conferences and events
• 7-10 years of relevant experience
• Expected to have authoritative experience and recognition in industry for past contributions in the field of image and color science.
• Requires the ability to explain technical projects and documentation to management which will guide resource investments in hardware, software and workflows Develop best practices for advancing workflows for production and post-production
• Must have both broad and specific knowledge of the many tools used in production and post.
• Will require hands-on, working knowledge of image and video processing applications: Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, Avid, Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, Clipster, etc.
• Working knowledge and hands-on expertise will be used in a live production set environment from time to time.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89nb6-3-238-204-31-42 in your application.