Culver City, CA
Director, Global Animation Talent Acquisition – Sony Pictures Animation
Sony Pictures Animation produces a variety of animated entertainment for audiences around the world. The visually groundbreaking and critically acclaimed "Spider-Man™: Into the Spider-Verse" is the studio's latest release, and the winner of the 2019 Academy Award® for Best Animated Feature.
The division is also behind hit film series such as "The Smurfs," "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs," and "Hotel Transylvania." Next for Sony Pictures Animation are the original feature comedy "Connected" produced by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, and the studio's first-ever animated musical "Vivo," featuring original songs by Lin-Manuel Miranda.
Sony Pictures Animation, which was founded in 2002, is a division of the Sony Pictures Motion Pictures Group for Sony Pictures Entertainment, a subsidiary of the Tokyo-based Sony Corporation.
***This role requires extensive Animation recruitment experience
The Director, Global Animation Talent Acquisition will lead the delivery of talent acquisition services for the Sony Pictures Animation business. This person must possess the knowledge and experience needed to understand a dynamic Animation business. This position will develop, memorialize, and maintain all processes associated with Animation talent acquisition. This person will also manage a team of Animation recruitment professionals which includes US-based recruiters, support staff, and any seasonal contract recruiter(s) and/or temporary staff that is brought on.
This role reports to the Vice President of Operations at Sony Pictures Animation and works closely with the Vice President of Talent Acquisition at Sony Pictures Entertainment.
• Lead and implement best practices in full-cycle recruitment to attract top talent while ensuring a swift, positive and professional experience for all candidates
• Partner with studio management to devise recruitment strategies that include external applicants, sourcing passive talent, and keeping diversity and inclusion top of mind in every search
• Manage full-cycle recruitment for a high-volume dynamic requisition load which includes heavy Animation recruitment and knowledge of the creative processes
• Conduct regular reviews of departmental processes and procedures to ensure a streamlined and efficient recruiter, business partner, hiring manager, and candidate experience
• Provide overall leadership for a team of TA professionals and act as a strong role model, providing mentorship and motivation for growth while driving a high level of performance against our hiring plans
• Act as a strategic point-of-contact for several key talent acquisition relationships, which includes our LinkedIn relationship, our applicant tracking system, and social media
• Maintain a strong candidate pool through professional relationships, sourcing and attending recruitment focused events to pipeline talent
• Stay up to date on company, industry, and department trends
• Build and maintain solid relationships with studio leadership, People & Organization (P&O) Business Partners to develop recruiting strategies and assess future talent needs
• Assist in maintaining the brand identity and awareness for SPA in line with studio marketing strategies which may include conferences and recruitment events
• Manage online hiring presence and assist with social media recruitment focused content
• Work closely with studio leadership for successful hiring of all Interns and Trainees
• Ensure compliance, hiring policies, practices, and company values are top of mind throughout every process
• 7+ years of full-cycle recruitment experience at an Animation studio
• At least 3-5 years of managing a team of talent acquisition professionals
• Leadership experience within the Animation business and a knowledge of what it takes to run an Animation studio
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant area or equivalent work experience
• Ability to work well under pressure and highly self-motivated
• Professional with excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Tolerance of ambiguity and the ability to demonstrate flexibility and judgment under pressure
• Proven leadership skills and the ability to coach and mentor others
• Ability to work with employees with a variety of experience levels when participating in recruiting events
• Must have excellent time management and organizational skills in order to accomplish numerous tasks and assignments
• Willingness to travel to conferences and recruitment events
• Proven experience in an applicant tracking system
• Proficient in MS Office and Google applications
USA - The Culver Studios Office Bldg- CA08
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.