Director, Business Affairs - TV International Production
The Director Business Affairs for International TV Production is responsible for negotiating and drafting agreements with writers, producers, performers, directors, television networks, co-production entities and other television-related personnel and service providers on behalf of Sony Pictures Television and its related companies. Productions include scripted and non-scripted network, digital, premium and basic cable and first-run syndicated television programming. This position is based in Los Angeles and reports to the Vice President of business affairs.
• Negotiating and drafting FLAs, Co Pro Agreements, Co-Development Agreements, Acquisition Agreements, PSAs and other contracts/correspondence
• Gathering research, calls, organizing intel for analysis
• Structuring and strategizing offers/negotiations/agreements
• Liaise with creative, production, finance and legal affairs to provide advice and consultation
• Advising on business and production issues; liaising w external counsel, review budgets and other financial information
• Process management, participation statements, funding memos, residuals, risk management
• 4+ years of experience in entertainment Business and/or Legal Affairs
• Strong drafting, negotiation and organizational skills; experience drafting and negotiating all manner of contracts for development and production deals for television pilots and series
• Familiarity with production clearance issues and ability to handle copyright and trademark matters
• Excellent presentation skills and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Professional individual who can build strong relationships, both internally and externally, and is able to comfortably interact with all levels of employees
• JD required
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Cohn Bldg
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d87z6x-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.