Coordinator, Editorial Services - Distribution & Content Services
The Distribution & Content Services (DCS) Editorial Services Department is responsible for the editing of feature films and episodic television content for airlines, US television, and niche-specific markets that require censorship and/or time edits. DCS Editorial Services maintains full oversight of Broadcast Standards and Practices adherence and regulatory compliance on behalf of SPE.
The Editorial Services Coordinator will perform activities with the objective of ensuring the editing of feature films and episodic television content adheres to the Broadcast Standards and Practices adherence and regulatory compliance on behalf of SPE. They are responsible for reviewing, tracking, and coordinating projects from research/planning through to implementation.
• Service, liaise, and collaborate with multiple touchpoints, including SPE TV, Airlines and Non-Theatrical Sales, SPT Sales (for special TV projects), Editorial, Post Media Center, Airline and Domestic TV servicing teams and clients, TV Mastering, Title Stewardship, Labor Relations, Legal, Finance, SPE Creative (for TV/Airline Script Coverage), DCS Systems and Workflows, GPI (GPMS), Sound Stages, SPT Music, Directors Guild of America, Talent and Agents/Managers
• Coordinate all proactive and reactive (Ad-Hoc) Airline editorial requests. Airlines Sales advises Editorial Services as to which films to screen for edit notes and budgetary considerations, either for overhead, Special Edited (seatback) or both. Reactive edits are typically for clients requesting specific edits for a film that was not proactively edited, such as for Special Edits, or Middle East, Saudi, Kuwait edits. The Editorial Coordinator will also review any Airline created trailers against edit notes, as well as schedule and supervise any TV ADR sessions with talent when needed.
• Support special TV projects in concert with SPT Sales and/or Domestic TV, providing evaluation of editorial needs and budgetary considerations, as well as guidance or coordinating the manufacturing, distribution, and administrative aspects of the servicing process. As with Airlines edits, special TV projects or 1st TV edits may require additional TV/ADR coverage, in which case the Editorial Coordinator will schedule and coordinate that facet of production. This will be done under the supervision of the Editorial Services Manager. Evaluate and resolve technical edited asset rejections.
Preparation and Research Activity
• Researches legal/talent requirements and is responsible for drafting and distributing talent notification letters to the appropriate parties, including legal, Domestic TV, editors, producers, the DGA, and talent representatives.
Creative Assessment Activity
• Prior to new SPE feature productions, the Editorial Coordinator supports the review of production scripts to provide a summary and detailed list of TV/Airline coverage notes for production to consider
• Knowledge of video / audio materials
• Knowledge of industry developments (clients, competitors, technology) by reading trade press, SPE news clippings, discussions with internal and external clients
• General computer applications such as Microsoft Office
• MS EXCEL proficiency is required
• Database management
• Data analysis
• Ability to understand policy documents and apply them to day-to-day projects
• Candidate must be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders
• Project plan efficiently and accurately scope out tasks and projects in order to meet requested timelines
• Ability to use logic and multiple methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
• Able to thrive in a deadline-driven environment and juggle multiple projects at once
• A versatile learner, open to change, and enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
• Candidate must be a team player
The anticipated base salary for this position is $44,800 to $58,800. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Young Bldg
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpy6z4-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.