Coordinator, Client Services Lead
Culver City, CA
Coordinator, Client Services Lead
The Content Mastering and Delivery Group (CMDG) Coordinator will service assigned client accounts, workflows and the digital/physical sales for assigned markets as part of the Client Services team. Responsible for managing the creation, delivery, retrieval and associated administration for client deliverables in allocated territories, including but not limited to Free, Pay, VOD and EST, while adhering to established global procedures, technical specifications and production workflows, and SPE client contractual terms.
Advise sales personnel, media clients, and internal and external vendors on contractual fulfillment of materials to the allocated markets. Supports management in continual development of policies, procedures and performance standards to maintain timely delivery of highest quality elements at lowest cost while anticipating changes in workflows for implementation of new technologies.
Manage customer requests and provide status as requested by clients and LOB. Oversee the staff's management of LOB exception issues and requirements. Be the first point of escalation for staff, acting as a subject matter expert in relation to client servicing and servicing tasks. Manage vendors as required.
Participate in TQM metric reviews, RFP projects and manufacturing cost analysis for specific projects.
1. Client Communication and Servicing Activity
Conduct communication with International licensors /clients and SPT Sales staff as needed. Activity should focus on building awareness with clients on delivery of digital assets and understanding the challenges our clients face when conducting their business. Review and analyze client contracts (start orders, term sheets, deal memos, tasks) in order to fulfill obligations regarding materials (files, trailers, scripts, music cue sheets, metadata and master materials) for all SPE and Acquired programming; authorize and ensure delivery of materials. Advise sales personnel, licensors / clients / distributors / vendors and internal SPE employees of any issues related to the fulfillment of contracts. Maintain all servicing activity on designated SPE tracking system for allocated territories in order to track status of clients' delivery. Analyze quality management metrics for assigned markets (on time delivery vs. missed deadlines, amount of product manufactured by primary vendors vs. vendor rejection rate, specific rejection issues etc.) and advise management on recommendations for improvement. Support other Coordinators with coverage and servicing of their clients as needed.
2. Materials Research, Preparation and Technical Activity
If requested by LOB, conduct library research, advise client of materials available and supply manufacturing costs to create requested materials. Coordinate the delivery of video, audio and CC/subtitle elements to be ingested into the Distribution Backbone and other digital inventories by researching availability using internal databases, following up with source delivery departments for missing elements, working with vendors to meet due dates and providing status updates to clients. Problem solve for when material delivery issues arise (rejections, manufacturing delays, shipping mistakes…) and provide corrective action as needed (review processes, contact vendors for explanations…), Resolve technical issues and constantly review new technology opportunities and incorporate into existing processes to ensure preparation, servicing & archive of materials is performed in the most efficient & cost effective manner. Continually enhance & improve skills through on-going process and systems training. Attend necessary technical and process informational sessions.
3. Vendor and Internal Communication Activity
Prioritize work orders and negotiate delivery dates with external/internal vendors, enforce performance standards where appropriate and manage vendor performance. Responsible for timely data entry, integrity and accuracy to HUB, Distribution Backbone, GOLD and other business systems as assigned. Conduct communication as required with CMDG internal manufacturing departments and vendors to ensure delivery of materials, assist in solving material issues and provide guidance on client delivery requirements (materials and timelines). Work in conjunction with CMDG Client Services Departments on the creation/retrieval of foreign language digital assets as appropriate.
4. Client Services Special Initiatives
Support and as required, participate in internal and external matrix teams who are involved in special initiatives and projects, which can include; Client Services Information Sessions, Management Presentations, team building exercises, cross training, staff development, etc.
5. Exception Management
Management of LOB accelerated delivery workflows and requirements. Ensure that there is clear communication with LOB on requirements and delivery timelines. Conduct order prioritization and provide local support for Home Office for accelerated delivery. Provide support to manager for on time delivery and rejection management. Participate in review and analysis of monthly performance metric reports (volume trends, on time delivery vs. missed deadlines, reasons for late delivery, rejection rates, specific rejection issues etc.) for strategic planning.
• BA degree preferred
• 3 years of experience specialty, 1-2 of years managerial
• English language (International languages a plus).
• Material distribution and general sales servicing of product for the international TV markets.
• Knowledge of video / audio digital materials and tape formats.
• Knowledge of industry developments (clients, competitors, technology) by reading trade press, SPE news clippings, discussions with internal and external clients.
• Microsoft Office; Proficiency in MS Excel is required.
• Must be customer focused. Candidate must be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
• Maintain positive relationships with internal/external clients and vendors across different cultures and nationalities.
• Make decisions with limited supervisor input and successfully manage deadlines. Organize data from variety of sources and communicate information in a clear, professional manner.
• Preparation of reports for analysis of department activity.
• Project plan efficiently and effectively and has the ability to accurately scope out tasks and projects in order to meet requested timelines.
• Ability to use logic and multiple methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
• Able to thrive in a deadline driven environment.
• A versatile learner, open to change and enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
• Candidate must be a team player.
• Adapt to constant technology changes within the industry
• Create and give effective Presentations
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro9qm1-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.