Coordinator, Client Services Lead- Global Platforms & Subscription
The Global Platforms & Subscription (GPS) team inside Sony Pictures Content Mastering & Delivery Group enables the successful execution of SPE's >$1bn Global SVOD and AVOD distribution business through leadership and enhancement of the Digital Supply Chain, ensuring on-time and high-quality content deliveries, as well as the accurate execution of strategic initiatives via flexible and scalable processes.
The GPS Coordinator will service assigned client accounts, work flows and special projects for Amazon Prime Video and Netflix, two of SPE's largest and most strategic customers. As the business continues to evolve, additional customers lie Facebook, Disney+, and others may be added. The GPS Coordinator will advise sales personnel, clients, and internal and external vendors on contractual fulfillment of materials to the allocated markets. Further, the role will coordinate the manufacturing, distribution and administrative aspects of the servicing process. Working with line management to formulate distribution procedures, implement the processes and file timely reports on progress. Responsible for reviewing, tracking and coordinating the manufacture and delivery of materials to be ingested into Client storefronts, as well as internal repositories. The Coordinator will also be responsible for accurate and timely documentation of all Vendor Spend related to servicing work, in accordance with CMDG best practices, policies and procedures
1. Client Communication and Servicing Activity
Conduct communication with International licensors / clients and SPT Sales staff as needed. Activity should focus on building awareness with clients on delivery of digital assets and understanding the challenges our clients face when conducting their business. Review and analyze client contracts (start orders, term sheets, deal memos, tasks) in order to fulfill obligations regarding materials (files, trailers, scripts, music cue sheets, metadata and master materials) for all SPE and Acquired programming; authorize and ensure delivery of materials. Advise sales personnel, licensors / clients / distributors / vendors and internal SPE employees of any issues related to the fulfillment of contracts. Maintain all servicing activity on designated SPE tracking system for allocated territories in order to track status of clients' delivery. Analyze quality management metrics for assigned markets (on time delivery vs. missed deadlines, amount of product manufactured by primary vendors vs. vendor rejection rate, specific rejection issues etc.) and advise management on recommendations for improvement. Support other Coordinators with coverage and servicing of their clients as needed.
2. Materials Research, Preparation and Technical Activity
If requested by LOB, conduct library research, advise client of materials available and supply manufacturing costs to create requested materials. Coordinate the delivery of video, audio and CC/subtitle elements to be ingested into the Distribution Backbone/DIAMONDS/DL3 by researching availability using internal databases, following up with source delivery departments for missing elements, working with vendors to meet due dates and providing status updates to clients. Problem solve for when material delivery issues arise (rejections, manufacturing delays, shipping mistakes…) and provide corrective action as needed (review processes, contact vendors for explanations…), Resolve technical issues and constantly review new technology opportunities and incorporate to existing processes to ensure preparation, servicing & archive of materials is performed in the most efficient & cost effective manner. Continually enhance & improve skills through on-going process and systems training. Attend necessary technical and process informational sessions.
3. Vendor and Internal Communication Activity
Prioritize work orders and negotiate delivery dates with external/internal vendors, enforce performance standards where appropriate and manage vendor performance. Responsible for timely data entry, integrity and accuracy to Distribution Backbone, DIAMONDS, GOLD and other business systems as assigned. Conduct communication as required with GMS internal manufacturing departments and vendors to ensure delivery of materials, assist in solving material issues and provide guidance on client delivery requirements (materials and timelines). Work in conjunction with GMS Client Operations Departments on the creation/retrieval of foreign language digital assets as appropriate.
4. Client Services Special Initiatives
Support and as required, participate in internal and external matrix teams who are involved in special initiatives and projects, which can include; Client Operations Information Sessions, Management Presentations, team building exercises, cross training, staff development, etc.
Required: English language (International languages a plus).
Knowledge, skills, & Abilities
• Material distribution and general sales servicing of product for the global platforms markets.
• Knowledge of video / audio digital materials and tape formats.
• Subject matter expertise on Digital Deliverables include Video encoding specs, common errors, subtitles, video packaging, XML, Dub conformance, delivery mechanism (Aspera), and supply chain standards (Ex. MovieLabs MDDF, IMF, etc)
• Knowledge of industry developments (clients, competitors, technology) by reading trade press, SPE news clippings, discussions with internal and external clients.
• General computer applications; such as Microsoft Office.
• MS EXCEL proficiency is required.
• Data analysis
• Must be customer focused. Candidate must be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
• Make decisions with limited supervisor input.
• Organize data from variety of sources and communicate information in a clear, professional manner. Running Reports from databases for analysis of dept activity.
• Update assigned databases as required.
• Project plan efficiently and effectively and has the ability to accurately scope out tasks and projects in order to meet requested timelines.
• Ability to use logic and multiple methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
• Able to thrive in a deadline driven environment.
• A versatile learner, open to change and enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
• Candidate must be a team player.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1166y-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.