Manager, Technical Operations
Culver City, CA
Contracts Manager, Procurement
Sony Pictures Entertainment's (SPE) Corporate Procurement Department is searching for an exceptional contract manager who thrives in a collaborative team environment. This position will serve two functions. Its primary role will be to provide contract management support to Sony Pictures' Global Procurement function and its Lines of Business (Marketing, Music, Television, Production, Post-Production, and Home Entertainment). This will involve working closely with Procurement Sourcing teams and other commercial and legal subject matter experts. Additionally, this role will work with Procurement Sourcing teams and other legal teams on a transformational project to standardize and optimize the Procurement Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) across the studio. This will involve identifying and addressing key constraints in the contract lifecycle, providing recommendations to eliminate redundancies in the process, and advocating procedural changes.
• Prepare and manage complex transactions, including drafting, reviewing, redlining, management of vendor agreements, amendments, and other purchasing contracts/documentation for procurement related activities.
• Prepare and communicate information to business clients and stakeholders regarding contract and deal status.
• Provide subject matter expertise in contracts management policy and best practices for contracts, negotiation, and compliance processes.
• Develop subject matter expertise in Legal Compliance, Information Security, and/or Risk Management.
• Oversee contracts management for Line of Business (LOB) functions.
• Prepare a contracts management report to present at weekly LOB meetings with Strategic Sourcing teams to ensure that contract issues are timely-met and scope the correct parties to obtain a resolution.
• Review vendor engagements in conjunction with SPE's Data Privacy, Information Security, and Risk Management requirements to identify terms and conditions then be able to present those risk(s) to SPE clients in a clear and concise manner.
• Negotiate and draft enterprise-wide agreements which minimize financial and business risk exposure and establish optimal terms and conditions.
• Understand and negotiate business specific legal terms and conditions and explain them to clients in an understandable and concise manner.
• Respond to questions from clients about any interpretation of contract terms and conditions, advise clients on policies surrounding the contract process, internal policies, and compliance requirements.
• Interact with various Legal departments to analyze contracts and develop language to minimize exposure, where needed.
• Support the development and preparation of bid documents, such as Request for Proposals (RFPs), including contract terms and conditions and requirements related to special procurement and contract needs.
• Participate in process development procedures to optimize Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM).
• Create and conduct training classes on contracts and procurement related processes.
• Supervise and train junior level contract specialists.
• Assist with ad hoc procurement related assignments.
• At least 3-5 years' experience with contracts management, corporate transaction, or related fields.
• Paralegal Certificate or J.D. Preferred.
• Strong knowledge of general Procurement/Sourcing process for purchase of goods/services.
• General knowledge of entertainment industry is a plus.
• Understanding of the general role of procurement.
• Strong working proficiency of MS Word, especially in redlining and comparing documents.
• Proficient enough with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint to compile and present data from procurement activities.
• Ability to manage and organize a variety of tasks, evaluate alternatives quickly, meet deadlines and provide meaningful and prudent assistance and support to internal clients.
• Working knowledge of the following applications (or similar) is a plus: Ariba, Novatus, Sharepoint, and/or Powerpoint.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• Fluency in English required; Spanish proficiency is a plus.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro3n94-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.