Director, People & Organization Business Partner
Culver City, CA
Analyst, Compensation & Benefits
Reporting to the Vice President, Compensation and Benefits, the Compensation and Benefits Analyst supports administration of compensation and benefits programs, assists department management with the development and improvement of new and existing compensation and benefits programs, and serves as a technical resource to other members of the Compensation and Benefits team.
The ideal individual will be proactive and anticipatory in approach, possess excellent judgment in a variety of situations, demonstrate superior written and verbal communication skills, have a high attention to detail, exemplify an energetic, poised, and positive demeanor, and demonstrate the ability to balance multiple priorities and work well in a diverse, fast-paced, team environment. As a representative of P&O, the successful candidate must also maintain the highest level of confidentiality and diplomacy regarding all matters.
• Evaluate jobs based on market data. Compile, age, and analyze market data for compensation action requests and benchmark positions for salary increases.
• Recommend the placement of jobs in salary structures based upon their estimated market values.
• Participate in the planning, costing, and implementation of employee annual and off-cycle salary increases.
• Participate in administration of pay-for-performance programs.
• Develop and maintain job profiles as required. Review and approve job profile modifications.
• Research external market and economic trends.
• Complete salary survey questionnaires and submit compensation data to objective third party consultants for their use in creating compensation surveys.
• Regularly monitor and provide analysis of key compensation and benefits statistics, data, trends, and best practices to assist clients when making data driven human resource decisions and for more effective planning.
• Serve as a resource for organization in compensation and benefits policy and provide support for People & Organization issues.
• Analyze current benefits to evaluate the usage, services, coverage, plan experience, and competitive trends in benefits programs and develop specific recommendations for review by management.
• Assist with implementation of new compensation and benefits programs.
• In partnership with the Director, Benefits, execute the annual open enrollment process for health benefits, including benefits communications, health fairs, system (plan) set-up and review of data transmission files to third party vendors.
• Schedule and coordinate wellness activities and communications.
• Document and maintain administrative procedures for benefits processes.
• Research and prepare ad hoc reports, compile metrics for analysis, and assist with financial reporting.
• Provide analysis of data edits from internal systems to determine the actions needed to rectify data integrity issues.
• Research and compile benefits data for audits and other legal inquiries, as directed.
• Assist with daily service functions and frequent ad hoc requests, escalating issues as necessary.
• Ensure compliance of compensation and benefit programs with all applicable laws and regulations (e.g., California wage and hour laws, FLSA, ERISA).
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Human Resources or related discipline.
• 1-2 years of experience working as a Compensation/Benefits Analyst or HR support role preferred.
• Strong analytical decision-making skills to include the interpretation of data.
• Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel with an intermediate-to-advanced level of proficiency with Excel.
• Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple departments/management levels.
• Ability to think strategically and deliver tactically.
• Demonstrated strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload, take initiative and manage multiple tasks without close supervision and adapt to changes while consistently meeting deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, establish strong working relationships with employees, managers, and vendors, and maintain confidential and sensitive information.
• Comprehensive knowledge of HR systems and compensation-related laws (e.g., FLSA, ADA).
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33k2n-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.