Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
Sony Pictures Entertainment's Legal team in London has an open Legal Assistant role in their new offices in Paddington Basin. The role will support two Vice Presidents of Business Affairs International Production and a team of 2- 3 senior lawyers working across Scripted and Non-Scripted Television in the UK and EMEA regions. P rimary tasks will include creating and editing legal documents , coordinating calendars, managing document flow, and other administrative duties.
The applicant must have familiarity with legal documents, ideally in the media sector, strong IT skills and be a high functioning administrator.
The applicant must possess exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills as well as have the ability to multi-task and prioritize to ensure that all tasks and projects are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
Common sense, discretion and attention to detail are essential to this role.
Prior administrative experience supporting senior executives is preferred. Prior legal experience would be advantageous, as would experience supporting business affairs/lawyers .
The role is administrative in nature, but there is scope for the candidate to develop legal skills and in the role and in the future pursue legal qualification .
• Creating, proofreading and accurately editing documents in Excel, Powerpoint , Adobe and other Microsoft programs as needed
• Composing, generating and revising letters, e-mails, memos and other correspondence
• Converting talent agreements into loan outs using standard templates
• Gathering signatures on documents, including contracts and company secretarial documentation.
• Contract administration
• Updating databases and lists
• Processing expense reports
• Processing invoices and liaising with accounts department in connection with the same
• Preparing short form letters and updating agreements, as appropriate
• Performing special assignments, projects and other general administrative duties as needed
• Maintaining discretion and confidentiality in all matters
• Handling phone calls
• Scheduling meetings and managing calendars
• Managing document flow, including creating and maintaining digital and physical files
• Typically, 5 years of experience as an administrative assistant preferred
• Strong IT skills (in particular Microsoft Office, Excel and Powerpoint )
• Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
• Must be flexible – able to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to revision at short notice
• Common sense, dependability, discretion and attention to detail are required
• Must be a self-starter with a team-player attitude
• Must have excellent communication skills – written and oral
• Must be able to build and maintain relationships with employees in other departments and cross functional groups
• A solid understanding of copyright law and the ownership of rights in content preferred
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, gender, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity leave status, marital status and civil partnership, sexual orientation or Trade Union membership (if applicable)
GBR - London - Brunel Building
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxqe41-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.