Administrative Assistant II, Creative - Sony Pictures Animation
Sony Pictures Entertainment is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join the Creative team for Sony Pictures Animation.
As an Administrative Assistant, you will be tasked to provide full range of administrative support for VP Creative including handling phones, calendar, filing, drafting correspondence, meeting coordination, and travel arrangements. Also provides creative support on an as needed basis – reading and covering scripts, talent lists, typing up notes, etc. Must be willing take on tasks at hand, regardless of prior knowledge or experience, as long as primary manager supports it. Be able to work alongside anyone on our team.
• Word processing (composing and generating letters, memos and fax cover sheets)
• Answering multi line phones
• Distributing and following-up on documents
• Updating databases and lists
• Scheduling and preparing for meetings and handling calendar
• Proof reading and editing
• Processing expense reports
• Managing document flow, including creating and maintaining files (electronic and hard copy)
• Other general administrative duties (processing mail, copying, etc.)
• Use of Microsoft office such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; using Gmail for email, contacts and calendar
• Supporting entire development team by creating and maintaining documents and databases used by the entire department.
• Assist in evaluating and summarizing creative material. Be able to report both verbally and in written form.
• Obtain information regarding availability of talent. Learn agency and manager system and retain information about representation.
• Contribute to brainstorming sessions on new material and talent.
• Participate in group discussions on story development.
• Be a liaison between our department and other departments at Sony, coordinating material and scheduling. Requires acquiring knowledge about each department and the process of producing our animated films.
• Contributing as needed when a project calls for multiple people contributing.
• Be willing and able to support other members of the team as assigned by primary manager.
• One-sheets for project pitches to share with writers
• Miscellaneous duties as required.
• 1– 3 years' experience as an administrative assistant
• BA or equivalent experience
• Experience supporting an executive
• Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
• Excellent phone demeanor
• Must want to get to know people across departments and companies
• Must be detail-oriented
• Must be critical thinker and creative problem solver
• Must have a positive attitude and desire to deliver on whatever task is given
• Must have an interest in creative development and family entertainment
• Must have capacity to retain and track large amounts of information.
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure that all assignments are completed in a timely manner
• Must be able to meet deadlines
• Must be flexible - an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to much revision
• Common sense, dependability, discretion and attention to detail are required
• Must be a self-starter with a team-player attitude
• Excellent communication skills - written and oral (must have a professional and courteous demeanor)
• Expert in Microsoft Word, Excel, Gmail, Gmail Calendar, Gmail Contacts, Filemaker Pro, Finaldraft, Photoshop, and PowerPoint
Sony Pictures Animation is a pre-production animation studio based in Culver City, California, creating both feature animation and animated series with artists from around the world. We pride ourselves on empowering filmmakers to lead the creative process, and allowing the hand of the artist to be truly felt, with the goal of producing bold and innovative visual storytelling.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - CA01
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d80zjk-18-208-187-128-42 in your application.