Administrative Assistant IV, Business Affairs
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to provide full range of administrative support for the President, Motion Pictures Business Affairs including handling phones, calendars, filing, drafting, meeting coordination, travel arrangements, and expense reports in a high-pressure/busy global President office.
• Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the President's office and internal departments, demonstrating leadership, trust, and support with senior management team
• Act as key global contact to all filmmakers and their reps, on all projects
• Responsible for calendar management and heavy meeting planning involving frequent changes
• Handle day-to-day telephone communication including rolling high-volume calls with President, redirecting calls to appropriate departments and relaying timely messages
• Management of high-volume contacts
• Handle complex travel arrangements including upkeep of frequent flier accounts, car service, flights, and hotels, mostly utilizing online resources and anticipating frequent changes. Make restaurant reservations, and create and provide detailed directions for all travel as needed
• Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
• Monitor and order office supplies as needed
• Provide guidance and direction to the other administrative assistants within the department, as needed.
• Provide administrative support to the department, as needed, including department group requests for building services, conference rooms, catering, telephone service, hardware and software purchases, new Executive on-boarding, etc.
• Draft deal memos for Legal Affairs department from BA executive's deal points.
• Act as first point of contact for deal and contract questions and escalate to the appropriate internal stakeholders (e.g. Legal Affairs, etc.).
• At least 3-5 years of experience as an administrative assistant at a studio, talent agency or entertainment law firm
• Demonstrates ability to prepare, proof, and document deal memos, familiar with its terminology and structure.
• Ability to interpret legal talent and long-form agreements
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Teams, Excel, Outlook and Concur)
• Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
• Must be willing to work long hours
• Must be detail-oriented and have an exceptional memory
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure that all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner
• Must be flexible – an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to much revision
• Common sense, dependability, discretion and attention to detail are required
• Must be a self-starter with a team-player attitude
• Expert level communication skills – written and oral (must have a professional and courteous demeanor)
• Passionate about business and legal affairs within the entertainment industry
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0e6pm-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.