iOS Platform Engineer
Sr. Database Engineer
As a Database Engineer you will tackle designing, configuring and maintaining the team's both current and future storage and data warehouse infrastructures for Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) - Future Technology Group (FTG). You bring expertise to continuously improve our data platform, guide others with best practices and support our data analysts. You will handle our data tools, monitor, apply upgrades and security patches as well as ensure the reliability of our services.
Who are you?
• You strive to automate tedious work rather than pushing buttons daily to keep things running
• You find big challenges exciting
• Curiosity, inventiveness and being tenacious matters more than talent
• You have an expertise in data engineering but don't mind crossing the streams with other colleagues on the team
• You have strong and well formed ideas that are weakly held; you can discuss, listen and participate in a passionate debate
• You keep up with industry trends and will even spin up some hardware to test a hunch
• You can listen to disparate cross subject area ideas and bring the takeaways into your work
• You build code that is understandable, simple, clean, and which you are proud of
• You are capable of self-direction and leading projects from ideation to delivery
• You like to handle your own time given goals and discuss priorities
• You are comfortable with ambiguity and shifting contexts
• Your work makes your team members more accurate, faster, frees up their time and helps them explore better analysis
• You are a lifetime student and want to apply insights to the work you do
• You are quick to admit a mistake
What do you know?
• Extensive experience administering large MPP databases
• Expert Linux / Bash / Shell
• Expert SQL
• Familiar with at least few programming languages such as Python, Java, Kotlin, Scala
• Experience with Vertica is a must and experience with Snowflake is an advantage
• You are passionate about tuning workloads
• You enjoy modeling data both logically and physically
• Data warehousing principles, dimension modeling and architecture is your jam
• Experience with distributed analytic processing technologies is helpful (Flink, Hive, Pig, Presto, Spark)
• Experience with cloud-hosted (AWS, Azure, GCP or else) database solutions is a plus
• In depth knowledge of enterprise reporting tools like MicroStrategy is a plus
What will you do?
• Maintain MPP database cluster
• Identify root-causes and go beyond treating symptoms
• Build data structures to enable analysts to discover and communicate information
• Tune database for high performance
• Implement, measure and monitor service reliability
• Plan and perform database upgrades and bring in new insights
• Help improve our on premise and cloud data stores
• Maintain ELT pipeline written in Python
• Help develop new pipelines with streaming frameworks
• Design complete or parts of data pipelines taking scale, performance, security, usability under consideration
One more thing…
• Degree in Computer Science, or a related quantitative field
• 5+ years proven experience with a consistent track record of using extensive amounts of data to drive product innovation
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb14ny-52-90-49-108-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.