Senior VFX Artist
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Senior Lighting Artist
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
We are looking for a highly talented, motivated and creative Senior Lighting Artist for the next chapter of cinematic story-telling. Here is your chance to be a part of the multi-award winning team responsible for the cinematic performances in premier Sony PlayStation franchises like Uncharted, The Last of Us, Killzone, and other iconic series.
PlayStation isn't just the best place to play… it's also the best place to work. With the launch of the original PlayStation in 1994, we set out to thrill gamers with amazing experiences.
Our never-ending pursuit to push gaming to new heights is the reason we are recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. Under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation, the PlayStation brand and experience exists because of the passionate dedication of our team who work hard for everyone to play.
The Visual Arts Group and PlayStation Malaysia are a passionate team within the PlayStation family, provides world-class content, development, and services to PlayStation's studios all over the world. Always at the cutting edge of technology, Visual Arts works with studios like Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Santa Monica Studios, Guerrilla Games, Bend Studios, SuckerPunch, San Diego Studio, Japan Studios, and more first-party teams.
Our team is made up of game and film industry professionals from all over the world, working with some of the best minds and companies around.
Why work when you can play? This is life at PlayStation!
• Strong foundation skills with the ability to work with detailed or loose concept art, or reference art/ materials
• Develop the lighting scheme, colour-palette, post-processing-fx, and general visual mood that turns unlit 3-D environment models into awesome looking and visually compelling 3D game environments
• Work with modelers and texture/shader artists to optimize the visual look and run-time performance of the Environments
• Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Experiences and Skills:
• Over five years of professional experience in Feature Film or Games generating final picture
• General competency in Autodesk Maya and knowledge of Global Illumination
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
• Thorough understanding of direct/indirect light, luminance / exposure and colour-theory
• Some experience with generating light-maps, pre-lighting or baked lighting is desired
Additional and Bonus Skills:
• Ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules
• Strong traditional painting skills, and ability to create moods and lighting, from photorealistic to stylized
• Willingness to receive direction from lead artist and peers and work closely with a team
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.