We're searching for a Lighting Artist to join our team! Our Lighting Artists are responsible for lighting game levels using proprietary lighting tools, rendering physically based lighting data, and designing the lighting for cinematic sequences using real time lighting tools. This individual would also prepare game levels and sequences for demos and trailers. Does this sound like you? Read on...
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Lights video game levels, cinematic sequences, and trailers.
• Sets up scene lights to match color keys and concept art, with an excellent understanding of lighting aesthetics.
• Troubleshoots large scale scene files and rendering issues.
• Optimizes lighting data for memory and frame.
• Diagnoses, fixes, and verifies the fix, for bugs.
• Works closely with artists to make sure assets are properly set up for lighting.
• Works closely with designers to ensure that the correct areas are emphasized for gameplay, with a clear player path.
• Stays informed about new developments in rendering, particularly with regard to realistic lighting and surfaces.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience: Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Technical Skills: Solid understanding of node-based shaders and how they relate to lighting. Solid understanding of Maya and Photoshop. Solid knowledge of modern lighting techniques. Understands source control with Perforce or the equivalent.
Other Skills: Solid understanding of lighting aesthetic, how lighting affects gameplay and guides the player, of real-time lighting and frame/ memory optimization, how lighting affects physically based materials.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume and portfolio at the link below. We're excited to see your submissions!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d55491-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.