Data Science Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Mateo, CA
Executive Legal Assistant
San Mateo, CA
The Executive Assistant reports to the Senior Vice President & General Counsel for SIE LLC's Legal Global Team providing administrative support to this Executive and her team.
In addition to the daily administrative tasks, we're looking for someone with strong project management skills, involved in organizing exciting and inspiring events for the legal department such as global meetings, off-sites, retreats, and monthly department meetings. Because the General Counsel's role is global, bonus qualities include exposure to or experience living in a different culture or speaking multiple languages and a love of ambassadorship and collaborative teamwork with other members of the legal department, both domestically and abroad.
• Handle swiftly and without error a complex and ever-changing calendar for the general counsel; prepare for and coordinate meetings, and schedule travel plans and accommodations for the Executive and the department, as assigned.
• Ensure a timely flow of information, obtain signatures and authorizations, answer and screen phone calls and manage correspondence and communication flow.
• Submit expense reports for the General Counsel and department team, as assigned.
• Process outside counsel invoices, sending communications on behalf of the General Counsel.
• Professionally represent the Executive through initial contact meetings or telephone conversations.
• Act as administrative liaison between the Executive and Sony groups, vendors, and industry contacts.
• Provide logistical support for department team meetings, events, and conferences, working in collaboration with Facilities, IT, and external parties.
• Function as a communications hub for department, staying current on, and publishing, as requested, team travel and holiday schedules with ability to locate and contact team members as needed.
• Serve as a helpful knowledge base for staff within the department, especially for process and procedures, and provide assistance in a hands-on, proactive manner.
• Liaise effectively with Executive Assistant counterparts and build strong working relationships with a wide range of company stakeholders at all levels.
• Continually improve processes and procedures to reduce work time and cost without compromising work quality.
• Communication and Contact: Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
• Presentations: Ability to create compelling presentations with design sensibility and impact (i.e.: convert hand-drawn data on a notepad into a visually appealing PowerPoint slide).
• Relationships with Others: Works collaboratively and effectively with senior executives, other assistants, and internal and external partners; capable of bringing people together!
• Global Interaction: Ability to efficiently manage complex schedules across multiple time zones and to coordinate smoothly in various cultural settings.
• 8+ years of relevant experience supporting a Senior Level Executive
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Process-oriented, with attention to detail and ability to prioritize
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and independently on difficult projects with minimal supervision
• Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality/discretion
• Strong interpersonal skills, with a friendly, outgoing, and flexible manner
• Prior experience within a Legal Department
• Knowledge of outside counsel and/or pro-bono coordination
• Internship program support
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8395-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.