Senior Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Employee Experience Partner
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Mateo, CA
Employee Relations Partner
San Mateo, CA
This position is based in San Mateo, CA but will consider Los Angeles, CA or Rancho Bernardo/San Diego, CA. For any location, there must be a willingness to travel for investigations.
• This position is currently remote due to COVID-19.
The Employee Relations Partner will be a key member of the People Experience team, reporting into the Director of Employee Relations. Our ideal candidate will contribute both hands-on and strategic support through their in-depth knowledge and savvy on handling workplace conflict issues, providing consultation, conducting workplace investigations, and performance management. You have a proven ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in sensitive situations. We lead the way in interactive entertainment that defines the gaming industry, and with a diverse and inclusive culture, we celebrate uniqueness and the willingness to share diverse points of view with respect.
• Provide strategic Employee Relations support which includes business partnership, thought partnership and coaching to all levels of the organization - with a focus on maximizing the potential of our people
• Partner with both employees and management in driving a high-performance culture which includes addressing performance management objectives such as creating performance improvement plans and coaching plans, and opening communication channels to assist managers in delivering feedback
• Triage employee relations issues by identifying early potential solutions; providing advice using a commanding grasp on current law, regulations, company policies or company culture as a framework
• Ability to stay up to date on federal, state and local law trends; with an emphasis on California employment law and regulations
• Demonstrate quantitative and qualitative data insights to drive creative, amicable and equitable solutions to employee relations concerns
• Partnering closely with global HR Business Partners, Legal and Compliance on global strategy and objectives; assisting with organizational design and operational workflows
• Conduct fair and impartial investigations that reflect current law and regulations to a wide range of employee relations concerns such as harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and other violations of company policy
• Ensure governance and fair application of company policies and practices, employment laws, and other regulations in the Employee Relations and Human Resources space.
• Minimum of 7 years experience responding to employee relations concerns. Prefer 10+ years of experience. This can be satisfied through either Human Resources or Legal experience.
• Minimum of 5 years experience as a workplace investigator. Please list the types of investigations in which you are experienced, and be prepared to present an investigation report summary. A prior report summary can be submitted if they contain redactions for privacy and confidentiality.
• Gaming or tech industry experience, or working with creative groups is desirable.
• Bachelors Degree required.
• Legal training, a Juris Doctor degree or a licensed attorney in any US jurisdiction is a plus.
• Certification in workplace investigations or membership in a workplace investigators association is also a plus.
• SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of autonomy and collaboration.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.