Senior Environment Artist
Foster City, CA
Job Title:VFX Artist - Sledgehammer Games
As a VFX Artist you will display a record of delivering high-quality VFX art, fierce art skills in composition and timing, knowledge of game development and be willing to jump on any problem we throw your way. That could mean anything from working with designers to improve the feel of gameplay, working with environment artists to heighten the games atmosphere or collaborating with other team members to amplify a cinematic cutscene to the highest quality. A willingness to jump in and learn fast is a vital part of this role.
• Creating stunning visuals effects for the FPS genre using proprietary real time particle systems.
• High standards of artist skill in creating texture assets for effects.
• A critical eye and appreciation of cinematics when placing effects.
• Finding and dealing with technical issues using performance metric tools.
• Creatively solving technical issues as they arise.
• Working with Level Designers, Team Leads and directors to create FX for stunning environments and compelling moments.
• Bachelor of art degree or equivalent industry experience and training.
• At least 2+ years of visual effects development on console hardware (Xbox One, PS4, PC).
• Experience with and a good working knowledge of the limitations and expectations of current/next generation hardware.
• Ability to communicate effectively with both Artists and Programmers.
• Excellent working knowledge of Maya/Max, and Photoshop.
• Experience with other engines toolsets such as Unreal and Unity.
• Strong background in modeling, animation and/or traditional art.
• Experience with creating high-end rendering of particle effects and fluid dynamics.
• Experience with Substance Painter, FumeFX, Maya Fluids or similar.
• Experience and comfort with one or more scripting/programming languages.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.