Sledgehammer Games is looking for talented developers to join us as founding members of our new Toronto team. This group will partner with our global teams in Foster City, California and Melbourne, Victoria in the creation of epic content for some of the biggest games in the world. This is an opportunity to help grow and shape a AAA team from the ground up, adding new skills to your armory while gaining the unique satisfaction that only comes from building something brand new. Join us on our quest to maintain and improve a healthy and inspiring studio culture!
The studio is navigating their 2nd decade of game development, focused on constant evolution, innovation and qualified risk-taking – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class content production and engineering teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we're looking for talented game developers for our exciting new projects.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it's like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
As a UI Engineer you will be actively coding and engineering UI screens for various aspects of the game. You will need to possess practical knowledge of LUA scripting language with the ability to implement content into the game engine. Qualified candidates will need to have a strong background in engineering human graphical interfaces and have a well-rounded understanding of user experiences applicable to console games.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Develop, modify, and debug UI software in script and C/C++
• Deploy, evaluate performance,
optimize and test UI software on PC and console platforms
• Collaborate with other internal departments (art, design, audio, QA, etc )
• Co-develop and collaborate with other Activision studios
• Document software and features for internal and external engineering teams
• Participate in the scheduling, design, performance and code review process
• Report to UI Lead Engineer
• Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field
• Shipped at least one game title
• 3+ years of experience working in the game industry
• Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques.
• Proven ability to collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support other team members
• Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented programming
• Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented
• Demonstrated ability to write efficient, clean, readable, portable, and reliable code
• Passion for games
• Aptitude for UX design
• Background in ActionScript programming
• Background in C# programming
• Background in Lua programming
• Experience with console development (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8qep9-3-225-221-151-42 in your application.