Senior Weapons Artist
Sledgehammer Games, award winning developer of several titles in the Call of Duty franchise, is looking for talented developers to join us as founding members of our new Toronto team. This group will partner with our global teams in Foster City, California and Melbourne, Victoria in the creation of epic content for some of the biggest games in the world. This is an opportunity to help grow and shape a AAA team from the ground up, adding new skills to your armory while gaining the unique satisfaction that only comes from building something brand new. Join us on our quest to maintain and improve a healthy and inspiring studio culture!
The studio is navigating their 2 nd decade of game development, focused on constant evolution, innovation and qualified risk-taking – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class content production and engineering teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we're looking for talented game developers for our exciting new projects.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it's like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our G developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
As a UI Artist you will be responsible for creating the distinct visual look of the UI in all phases of production. You will also be actively conceptualizing UI for various aspects of the game.
We value a culture of collaboration and are seeking an imaginative, skillful, and versatile UI Artist to join our team. If you share a passion for developing groundbreaking gameplay with a proven team, then this may be the position you've been waiting for!
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Works closely with UX Lead, Art Direction, UX Design and Engineering to create a striking and consistent visual design throughout the game
• Produces assets, concepts, mockups, and prototypes
• Provides Engineering with support in the implementation of UI components
• Maintains the vision of the style while creating visual and functional systems for UI
• Provides documentation
Minimum Requirements :
• Three plus years of professional experience as a UI Artist
• Can show a portfolio showcasing UI implementations across multiple titles
• Thorough understanding of the UX Field
• Exceptional knowledge and experience with typography, graphic design, motion design, alphabetical systems and iconography
• Team Player
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Takes and understands direction well, meets deadlines and handles multiple tasks
• Exceptional proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator
• Strong problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
• A creative thinker who feels comfortable experimenting and presenting approaches and solutions that help push the edge of what's possible with UI.
• Interested in technical aspects of the UI Art
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj29we-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.