Dev Support Engineer
Foster City, CA
Job Title:Technical Writer (Temporary) - Sledgehammer Games
As a Technical Writer, you will drive the organization and maintenance our internal Confluence pages, share information specifically in engineering. We develop a lot of engineering systems with other studios and often need documentations and release notes to describe these systems to other and often less technical developers. Helping to get those out and facilitate communication internally and externally so developers can better understand those changes.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Interview and work with developers to create consistently clear and digestible documentation for technically complex processes.
• Work with developers across multiple disciplines who are subject matter experts in a variety of subjects.
• Create tutorials and walkthroughs related to using our engine, tools, and development processes.
• Documentation audience varies in their technical knowledge
• Experience using knowledge sharing tools and wikis (Confluence preferred).
• Associate degree in design, English, technical communications, or a related field from an accredited college or university
• Equivalent experience with combined education can be substituted for the education requirements.
• Fluency using the Microsoft suite of tools
• Experience with Photoshop/Illustrator
• Experience researching and writing technical documentation
• Experience working in a large, creative team (software development preferred)
• A portfolio of writing samples demonstrating ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to lay audiences.
• Bachelor's Degree in Library Science, Information Science, Computer Science, or a related field.
• Web, video game development, or technology industry experience preferred
• Basic programming skills.
• An understanding of digital editing.
• Familiarity with the programming languages we use: C++, C#, Lua, Python
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.