Sledgehammer Games, award winning developer of several titles in the Call of Duty franchise, is looking for passionate developers to join us as founding members of our new Toronto team. This group will partner with our global teams in Foster City, California and Melbourne, Victoria in the creation of epic content for some of the biggest games in the world.
This is an opportunity to help grow and shape a AAA team from the ground up, adding new skills to your armory while gaining the unique satisfaction that only comes from building something brand new. Join us on our quest to maintain and improve a healthy and inspiring studio culture!
The studio is navigating their 2nd decade of game development, focused on constant evolution, innovation and qualified risk-taking. With world-class content production and engineering teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we're looking for dedicated game developers for our exciting new projects.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it's like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
Sledgehammer Games is seeking a Technical UI Designer for an exciting, unannounced project. You will bridge the gap between UI Engineering, UX Design, and UI Art. You will be responsible for converting design wireframes into maintainable, extensible script in our custom Lua-based UI engine. You will also be responsible for making prototype UI using our proprietary UI tool.
Candidates should have a good understanding of human-software interaction and experience communicating complex information with simple aesthetics. The ideal candidate is passionate, loves making great games and has a fundamental understanding of art, design and engineering principles. We value a culture of collaboration and are seeking an imaginative, resourceful, and versatile technical designer to join our team. If you share a passion for developing groundbreaking gameplay with a validated team, then this may be the position you've been waiting for! Here is your responsibilities in the team:
• Works closely with UX designers, UI artists and UI Engineers to create an exceptional overall user experience throughout the game
• Design, prototype, implement designs in engine, ensuring they meet visual and functional standards
• Create exceptional documentation for Engineers and QA testing
• Architect implementation systems with an eye for the end user and future internal development
• Contribute to pipeline and process improvement discussions
• Consistently write solid, extensible script.
• Work with QA to maintain bug free script
• Good understanding of UX/UI design principles
• 3+ years of practical work experience in the field and at least one shipped AAA title
• Has consistently write solid, extensible script, good knowledge of LUA or any other code languages
• Has good skills in 2D animation
• Good understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, After Effects and Figma
• Experience in Game Design
• Proficiency in Visual Design
• Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator
• Strong problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Three years of Game Industry experience is preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rze751-3-229-117-149-42 in your application.