Expert VFX Artist
Foster City, CA
Job Title:Technical Artist (Temporary) – Sledgehammer Games
As a Technical Artist, will provide support building and delivering key technologies and workflows that enable artists and designers to quickly implement visual content into our games. The ideal candidate will have a strong eye for art quality and knowledge of real-time requirements and constraints. He or she will act as a bridge between art and engineering demonstrating superior communication skills to facilitate problem solving between departments while adding new ideas, new techniques and working with the latest technologies to create world-class games.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Support, establish consistent and optimal best practices
• Consistently push content creation and optimization to maximum potential
• Create or maintain tools and processes that facilitate content authoring with an emphasis on user experience, quality and productivity
• Collaborate with other Technical Artists to improve studio tools and pipelines.
• Proactively identify problems, propose solutions and seek out buy-in from the team regarding implementation strategy
• Understanding of one or more commercially available real-time engines (e.g. UE4, Unity, CryEngine).
• Artistic eye with advanced understanding of the creation & integration of 3D art, physical based rendering and lighting
• Proficiency of modern DCC tools and understanding of latest trends in the film and gaming industry
• Proficient with one of the following destruction/simulation software including: Houdini, FractureFX, RayFire, Bullet, PhysX, and Pulldownit
• Experience with rigid body and soft body
• Good understanding of real-time destruction performance impact on rendering and gameplay
• Good understanding of physical dynamics and natural phenomena
• Ability to work under minimal direction to determine and develop approach to solutions
• Shipped at least 1 AAA title from start to finish on multiple platforms (e.g. PS4, Xbox-One.)
• Good communication skills, especially with regards to illustrating technical processes.
• Good organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
• Python, PyQt, C#, C++ experience or Computer Science degree
• Extensive portfolio with examples of professional work (e.g. art, scripts, tools, simulations, etc.)
• Proficient with fluid simulation plugins/software such as Maya Fluids, Realflow, PhoenixFD, and FumeFX
• Blueprint or asset scripting abilities.
• HLSL shader creation experience
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.