Foster City, CA
Job Title:Sound Designer - Sledgehammer Games
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area and Melbourne, Australia – we're the videogame development team behind Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty®: WWII. Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker.
As we head into decade II of development, we're focused on constantly evolving, innovating and taking risks – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class audio, design, engineering and art teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we're looking for talented game developers for our exciting next project.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it's like at the studio directly from current audio employees? Check out our G developer profiles: https://youtu.be/FoXGIqW2nyo
Sledgehammer Games is looking for a passionate and experienced game Sound Designer to help create a fresh new AAA aural experience for our next project. You will be involved in many aspects of game audio content development alongside one of the most passionate and experienced audio teams in the industry.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Interactive and linear sound effects design.
• In-depth real-time audio-control scripting.
• SFX creation and mastering.
• Sound asset implementation with proprietary tools and scripting logic.
• Field recording.
• Dialog processing.
• Music editing.
• Internal SFX Library moderation and maintenance.
• Demonstrated creative and technical achievements in sound design.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in game audio development.
• Shipped at least one major title.
• Experience in creating outstanding sound assets for games.
• Fluency in game audio implementation systems.
• Understanding of PS4, XBOX One, and PC audio functionality, capabilities, and limitations.
• Experience with major digital audio workstations, with high proficiency of at least one.
• Solid understanding of technical audio theory and audio engineering.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Exceptional organization skills.
• College degree preferred, not required.
• Experience in game scripting or other relevant programming environments.
• FPS/Multi-player experience a plus.
• Experience with Radiant game development software a plus.
• Continuing Education Certificate, Professional or advanced degree in audio engineering, music, or similar preferred.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.