As a Senior UX Designer you will join Sledgehammer's G lobal UIX team tasked with creating the U ser E xperience
our titles across in-game systems and the front-end, from pre-production through to shipping.
You will be building UX systems , i nteraction design and documentation for multiple features as well as being responsible for ensuring systems are implement ed to AAA standards.
UIX at Sledgehammer is a core pillar of the team with a culture built around the purs uit of excellence at the apex of game design and usability. We have built an inclusive creative process where the team's collective interface and experience vision fuel s the
of the game.
We're seeking an imaginative, skillful, and versatile designer who has a deep understand ing of the diverse audiences video games attract and how to create inclusive interfaces and systems. If you share our passion for developing deep and engaging games with simple, elegant user experiences then we'd love to hear from you .
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Work ing with the UX Lead and Designers to create an exceptional user experience throughout the game.
• Work ing
on the design
of the interface ( fl ows , m enus and HUDs) to meet design goals.
• Creat ing engaging p rototypes and documentation .
• Working closely with artists and engineers to deliver the best possible user experience while staying within technical and aesthetic requirements.
• Work ing closely with User Research to ensure systems are rigor tested and informed by data
• Tak ing an active role in implementation and feature delivery .
• Tak ing an active role in refining the UX development process, tools and pipeline .
• Exceptional knowledge
of the UX field for games .
• 5+ years of practical experience in the field
of UI/UX .
• Has basic knowledge of LUA or any other scripting language .
• Has experience in animation and can demonstrate how wireframes translate to motion .
• Is proactive in seeking feedback from peers and leads. Supports others to do the same.
• Proficiency in Figma, Photoshop and Illustrator .
• Can communicate complexity through easy to understand documentation and presentation .
• Proactively manages and communicates their workload to production and leads .
• Proficiency in visual design and aesthetics .
• Deep understanding of games is a requirement but experience working on games is not .
• Has created UX systems and flow for at least one shipped AAA product .
• A clear portfolio of work that demonstrates previous projects and personal values .
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Melbourne, Australia, Toronto, Canada and Guildford, UK – Sledgehammer Games is the videogame development team behind Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty®: WWII. Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our passionate employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker.
We are constantly evolving and innovating – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With our extraordinary audio, design, engineering and art teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love making games and we work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we're looking for dedicated game developers for our exciting next project.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it's like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against
on the basis of disability.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d82xz9-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.