Sledgehammer Games is looking for dedicated developers to join us as founding members of our new Toronto team. This group will partner with our global teams in Foster City, California and Melbourne, Victoria in the creation of epic content for some of the biggest games in the world. This is an opportunity to help grow and shape a AAA team from the ground up, adding new skills to your armoury while gaining the unique satisfaction that only comes from building something brand new. Join us on our quest to maintain and improve a healthy and inspiring studio culture. We'd like to speak with you!
As a Senior Tools Engineer you collaborate with the content team in providing them with new and improved tools to improve iteration. Sledgehammer Games believes one of the biggest multipliers to a team's efficiency is great tools. This person will be flexible and comfortable jumping into and making modifications to large codebases while being responsible to content teams using the tools across the globe. They will also be able to translate content creator requests into useful, manageable tasks that help Sledgehammer build amazing experiences for players. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has a technical background, a passion for the gaming industry and enjoys working with a powerful engineering team.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Designing and developing various asset creation and management tools ranging from exporters, to content creation tools, to asset management tools, to build tools, to frameworks
• Maintaining, supporting, and modifying existing tools and infrastructure as needed, as well as developing new technology when the need arises
• Working with content creators, designers, and other engineers to collect requirements and ensure tool design specifications are met
• Design and development of user-friendly interfaces for content creators
5+ years tools programming experience
• Proficiency in and knowledge of C#/C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques
• Knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions
• Contributed extensively to the development of one or more shipped games, PC or console
• Detailed knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, and software design patterns
• Ability to quickly understand and work with internal and externally developed code
• University-level degree in Computer Science or related field
• Appreciation of good user facing UI/UX patterns
• Familiarity or experience with scripting languages like Python or LUA
• Experience with various technologies and SDKs such as WPF or Qt
• Experience with computer game technologies including: Camera Systems, AI, Physics, 3D Programming, Animation, Collision Detection
• Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized tools code
We an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj9bv0-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.