As a Senior Technical Artist, will provide support building and delivering key technologies and workflows that enable artists and designers to quickly implement visual content into our games. The ideal candidate will have a strong eye for art quality and knowledge of real-time requirements and constraints. He or she will act as a bridge between art and engineering demonstrating superior communication skills to facilitate problem solving between departments while adding new ideas, new techniques and working with the latest technologies to create world-class games. This specific role will work closely with Activision Central Technology as well as other Activision studios involved with our development efforts.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Establish consistent and optimal best practices
• Consistently push content creation to maximum potential
• Create tools and processes that facilitate content authoring with an emphasis on user experience, quality and productivity
• Closely collaborations with cross studio engineers and technical artists to test and improve tools and pipelines.
• Proactively identify problems, propose solutions and seek out buy-in from the team regarding implementation strategy
• Artistic eye with advanced understanding of the creation & integration of 3D art.
• Advanced understanding of modern DCC tools.
• 7+ years of experience in game industry, shipped at least 2 AAA titles from start to finish on multiple platforms (e.g. PS4, Xbox-One.).
• Excellent communication skills, especially with regards to illustrating technical processes.
• Proficiency with Python.
• Ability to learn and operate independently.
• Flexible and comfortable with prototyping and quick iteration.
• C++ experience or Computer Science degree
• Extensive portfolio with examples of professional work (e.g. art, scripts, tools, simulations, etc.)
• Blueprint or asset scripting abilities.
• Experience in CPU and GPU performance profiling.
• Proficiency with HLSL and GLSL.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz50e1-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.