Sledgehammer Games, award winning developer of several titles in the Call of Duty franchise, is looking for passionate developers to join us as founding members of our new Toronto team. This group will partner with our global teams in Foster City, California and Melbourne, Victoria in the creation of epic content for some of the biggest games in the world. This is an opportunity to help grow and shape a AAA team from the ground up, adding new skills to your armory while gaining the unique satisfaction that only comes from building something brand new. Join us on our quest to maintain and improve a healthy and inspiring studio culture!
The studio is navigating their 2 nd decade of game development, focused on constant evolution, innovation and qualified risk-taking – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With elite content production and engineering teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we're looking for passionate game developers for our exciting new projects.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it's like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Own and design multiplayer levels, and experiences, from the ground up.
• Block out and build 3 D levels through various phases of development.
• Research and be intimately familiar with the game's subject matter, locations, and architecture.
• Collaborate with the Systems Design team to support gameplay mechanics.
• Collaborate with other multiplayer level designers and environment artists to iterate on level designs and scripted experiences.
• Prioritize well, meet deadlines and communicate progress of the level design with Leads and Directors frequently.
• Passion for shooters on Console and/or PC.
• Demonstrable experience making fun, visually impressive 3d multiplayer levels for a first person shooter.
• Multiplayer map design & building experience.
• 5+ years professional level design experience.
• Must work well in a team environment: Strong communication skills, taking and understanding direction well, meeting deadlines, and mentoring more junior members of the team.
• Strong game design skills: must be able to thoughtfully discuss the strengths and weaknesses of recent games. Must be able to list techniques used to make fun multiplayer FPS levels and systems.
• Programming and or scripting experience.
• Experience scripting gameplay scenarios and prototypes.
• Drawing/art/Photoshop skills.
• Background or education in game design, architecture, or traditional art.
• MOD community experience.
• Programming and/or LUA/C# scripting experience is a big PLUS
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9x519-44-201-96-43-42 in your application.