Foster City, CA
Job Title:Senior Level Designer - Sledgehammer Games
As a Senior Single Player Level Designer, you will create cutting edge level designs for our Single player/Campaign team. We're looking for top talent with strong experience in level design on AAA titles.
Sledgehammer Games has developed numerous award-winning games, including Call of Duty: WWII, Advanced Warfare, and Modern Warfare 3. We have a state-of-the-art facility, an industry leading development team, and a studio culture built to promote and support world class game developers.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Plan, build, and revise interesting layouts for gameplay.
• Design and own systems/mechanics from concept to completion.
• Create and iterate on the second to second experiences.
• Implement gameplay using proprietary level editor and scripting language.
• Research the game's subject matter.
• Collaborate with the Design, Art, and Engineering teams to create and refine gameplay mechanics, combat encounters, and cinematic sequences.
• Prioritize well and meet deadlines, communicate progress with the Lead Level Designer well and frequently.
• 10+ years professional design experience.
• Serious passion for Shooters, Console or PC.
• Demonstrable experience creating gameplay in a 3D environment.
• Strong creative and technical design skills.
• Experience building believable spaces that cater to gameplay and narrative needs
• Ability to conceptualize and communicate an engaging gameplay experience and the technical ability to carry out your vision.
• Experience in Radiant, UnrealEd, Hammer, or other first-person shooter level editors.
• Self-motivated with the highest level of attention to detail.
• Works well in a team environment.
• Strong communication skills.
• Takes and understands direction and feedback well, meets deadlines and handles multiple tasks.
• Experience with 3d art packages such as Maya, 3ds Max, or Softimage|XSI.
• Programming/scripting experience in C/C++, LUA, or other languages
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.