Sr. Technical Artist
Foster City, CA
Job Title:Senior Gameplay Engineer - Sledgehammer Games
As a Senior Gameplay Engineer at Sledgehammer, you will work closely with content teams to push our gameplay systems to new heights of fun and visual fidelity, creating new systems and leverage existing ones to realize AAA-quality FPS gameplay. This is a great opportunity to work with a passionate engineering team and help shape cutting-edge industry technology.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Collaborate with designers to create new gameplay system.
• Support the design department by working on a variety of generalist tasks, to facilitate their efforts.
• Optimization work, related to performance and bandwidth improvements.
• Bug fixing and polish tasks.
• Fluency in 3D math, related to game programming.
• Fluency in C++.
• Strong design sensibilities and outstanding communication skills.
• Staunch work ethic and high personal standards of quality.
• 7+ years of experience in games.
• 3+ shipped titles.
• AAA play-control logic, especially on an FPS title.
• Modern animation techniques and blend trees.
• Networked game logic.
• Real-world AI methods.
• Rigid body kinematics.
• Extending an established code base.
• Experience with scripting languages (C#, Lua)
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.