As a Senior Development Manager you will drive to quality targets and own schedules for your team. This is achieved by working closely with various departments to identify needs, utilizing resources efficiently and appropriately. The role of Senior Development Manager requires candidates to be excellent and persuasive communicators, capable of dealing with a wide variety of internal and external partners. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with owning processes and working with the Lead of the department they support to map out pipelines and workflows for their team. Senior Development Manager candidates must thrive in a challenging and ambiguous environment and be skilled at driving quality in line with team, schedule, and budget. This specific role will work closely with Activision Central Technology as well as other Activision studios involved with our development efforts. As such, exceptional communication skills and an ability to work well with a diverse set of teams are essential characteristics of the successful candidate.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Lead a team during development to establish needs, allocate resources, and then maintain contact with project leadership throughout project to ensure that those aspects of development are progressing appropriately for a high priority AAA title.
• Develop and implement a method for effectively tracking project status for their teams.
• Be an active participant in reviews of the game content and features, with particular regard to schedule / milestones.
• Represent Sledgehammer in core development efforts. Work closely with internal and external developers to develop and implement processes for effective cross studio collaborations.
• Act as liaison between internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth and effective communication.
• Support and drive cross studio developments.
• Personally manage several direct reports, conduct 1:1 meetings and partner with the team Lead to grow their teams' performance and capabilities.
• Multiple shipped titles in production positions.
• At least 5 years' experience in the entertainment software industry in a production/coordination role.
• Strong project management fundamentals including capacity planning, scope assessment and management, and deliverable tracking.
• Solid grasp of project management software (e.g. JIRA, Microsoft Project, Confluence, Hansoft, etc.).
• Have an intermediate understanding in the technical process of software development.
• Experience working with external teams.
• Education, certification in Computer Science, project management, business, general management.
• Active video game player across a variety of genres, especially FPS games.
• Experience with performance / career management.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8227-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.