Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Melbourne, Australia, Toronto, Canada and Guildford, UK – Sledgehammer Games is the videogame development team behind Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare, Call of Duty®: WWII, and Call of Duty®: Vanguard. Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our hardworking employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker.
We are constantly evolving and innovating – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With our outstanding audio, design, engineering, and art teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love making games and we work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we're looking for dedicated game developers for our exciting upcoming projects.
As a Senior Development Director , you will drive quality targets and own production schedules. This is achieved by working closely with various departments to identify needs, applying resources efficiently and appropriately. The role of a Senior Development Director requires candidates to be excellent and persuasive communicators, capable of coordinating with a wide variety of internal and external partners. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with all degrees of ownership, from personally leading to pro-active planning. Senior Production leaders must thrive in an ambitious and sometimes ambiguous environment, and be adept at driving quality in line with team, schedule, and budget.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Lead teams during development to establish needs, allocate resources, and then maintain contact throughout project to ensure that those aspects of development are progressing appropriately for a high priority AAA title.
• Develop and implement a method for effectively tracking project status for their teams.
• Be an active participant in reviews, with particular regard to schedule / milestones and project deadlines.
• When required, act as liaison between internal and external partners to ensure smooth and effective communication.
• 10+ years of experience as a producer in games.
• Multiple shipped titles in leadership positions.
• Experience with direct people management.
• Strong project management fundamentals including capacity planning, scope assessment and management, and project milestone planning.
• Solid grasp of project management software (e.g. JIRA, Microsoft Project, Confluence, Hansoft, etc.).
• Education, certification in project management, business, general management.
• Active video game player across a variety of genres, especially FPS games.
• Demonstrated knowledge of live games ecosystem and its major competitors.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r19knv-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.