We're the videogame development team behind Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty®: WWII. Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games.
As we head into decade II of development, we're passionate about constantly evolving, innovating and doing things differently – which are some of the most exciting aspects of game development. With outstanding audio, design, engineering and art teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it's like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
Core engineers architect, refactor, and maintain a variety of game and low-level systems. A core generalist will be flexible and comfortable jumping into a variety of subject areas including networking, physics, AI, UI, memory management, rendering, and more.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Architecting, refactoring and maintaining game and low-level engine systems.
• Designing, writing, debugging and refining core systems, features, tools and infrastructure as needed.
• Contributing extensively to the core engine
• 5-8 years programming experience.
• Proficiency in and knowledge of C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques.
• Experience with profiling and performance tuning of code.
• Contributed extensively to the development of two or more shipped games, PC or console.
• Knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions.
• Proficient with 3D math including linear algebra (vector math, matrices).
• Thorough knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, and software design patterns.
• Ability to quickly understand and work with internal and externally developed code.
• University-level degree in Computer Science or related field.
• A strong passion for video games of many kinds.
• Experience with computer game technologies including: AI programming, physics, 3D programming, animation, collision detection.
• Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized code on modern game consoles.
• Contributed extensively to the development of at least three shipped console games.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g34pxq-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.