Sledgehammer Games, award winning developer of several titles in the Call of Duty franchise, is looking for talented developers to join us as founding members of our new Toronto team. This group will partner with our global teams in Foster City, California and Melbourne, Victoria in the creation of epic content for some of the biggest games in the world. This is an opportunity to help grow and shape a AAA team from the ground up, adding new skills to your armory while gaining the unique satisfaction that only comes from building something brand new. Join us on our quest to maintain and improve a healthy and inspiring studio culture!
The studio is navigating their 2 nd decade of game development, focused on constant evolution, innovation and qualified risk-taking – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class content production and engineering teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we're looking for talented game developers for our exciting new projects.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it's like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
Sledgehammer Games has a state-of-the-art facility, an industry leading development team, and a studio culture built to promote and support world class game developers.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so being part of the concept team includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• You'll be creating concepts to solve a wide variety of problems, ranging from designing what things will look like to finding visual solutions that enhance gameplay and support the project's narrative
• Story is very important to us and you'll be challenged at every turn to tell interesting narrative in all your designs
• Your keen eye and art sensibilities will be key in creating artwork that inspires and informs the team
• Being part of the concept team entails ideating w/ sketches, to creating awesome environmental designs, character designs, prop designs, storyboards, 2d graphic art, etc., in the service of advancing the narrative and enhancing game design
• You will be actively researching and creating concepts that would fit into all stages of production that includes loose sketches, blue sky paintings, pre-visualization, production paintings, renders, paint-overs, mark-up, marketing assets, and so forth
• You will be working closely with the team to ensure the concepts are providing effective visual solutions that balance art direction and game design needs
• Seek out additional knowledge by interacting with the art and design staff, as well as learning and playing the game when needed, etc., so that concept designs are well-researched and are well-informed
• 5+ years of experience creating high-quality 2D art, concepts, and designs for games
• Demonstrates strong sketching abilities as well as the ability to render, matte paint, designing the occasional graphics like logos
• You will use methods/art techniques in the most effective way to solve visual problems to help w/ delivering design solutions that are timely and communicative to the team
• Strong understanding of architecture and environmental design
• Solid art foundation background in traditional art skills and can demonstrate an understanding of fundamentals in composition, perspective, proportion, scale, value, anatomy and color theory
• You are self-driven, dedicated to advancing your craft, and eager to learn new techniques and software
• You are an excellent communicator and are able to work independently, in groups, and with multiple departments and different personalities, and be proactive in resolving problems
• Possesses the ability to take direction and feedback from the team as well as contributing your own ideas
• Shows an interest in delivering the best possible results and puts in effort to achieve them
• Ability to guide and mentor other artists
Extra Points :
• Be an expert in Photoshop
• 3d applications like Blender, Maya, Zbrush , Sketch-up, etc., is a plus
• Must be comfortable with learning new tools, including some of the game tools
• Must have a portfolio of work for consideration. Web based portfolios are preferred.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy749p-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.