Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Toronto and Melbourne, Australia – we're the videogame development team behind Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty®: WWII. Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker.
As we head into decade II of development, we're focused on constantly evolving, innovating and taking risks – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class audio, design, engineering and art teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we're looking for talented game developers for our exciting next project.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it's like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
As a Senior Associate Build Engineer you will join the Engineering group of Sledgehammer Games. This role will directly support the overall Sledgehammer team by deploying, designing and maintaining our game build and testing environments. The candidate will also work with Activision Central Studios pipeline and datacenter deployments.
The ideal candidate will exhibit an understanding of game development and game studio infrastructure. You must possess an outstanding blend of project management and business savvy; a passion for exceptional execution within a multifaceted environment and the flexibility and focus to achieve results.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Develop, modify, debug and deploy build/tools software in Python/C/C++/C#
• Manage, improve and optimize existing build/asset pipeline
• Work with IT to maintain and deploy new VM instances
• Co-develop and collaborate with other SHG sites and Activision studios
• Document software and features for internal and external engineering teams
• Participate in the scheduling, design, performance and code review process
• Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field
• 2+ years programming experience
• Proficiency in Python, and Batch Files
• Knowledge of CI solutions (Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, etc...)
• Knowledge Version Control systems (Perforce, Git, Mercurial, etc...)
• Experience with Windows Server operating systems, Server 2008 R2 and up
• Decent understanding of C/C++
• Familiarity with PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and/or PC tools and release processes
• Previous game technology experience (Engine programming, pipeline architecture, tools, etc...)
• Task tracking software (Jira, DevTrack, Hansoft, etc...)
• Experience with Puppet, Docker
• Experience with Powershell
• Experience with Linux, CentOS & Ubuntu
• Experience working with engineering groups in other time zones
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5j6v3-34-231-247-88-42 in your application.