As a QA Manager at Sledgehammer, you will lead a team of highly-trained QA analysts in an embedded QA, Agile development environment. You will create, manage, and monitor the tasks for the QA organization at your studio, communicating status to all relevant collaborators. You will partner with development leadership daily, proactively defining and prioritizing work to support all your studio's projects. You will regularly interface face-to-face with Designers, Artists, Programmers, and more to comprehensively understand the game development requirements of each project, and how to complete your QA project plans effectively. You will develop your team's workload, oversee the communication and collaboration between your QA team and development partners, coordinate the creation and implementation of test plans, and promote continuous development to improve your direct reports. You will ensure consistent knowledge-sharing, learning, documentation, as well as improving tools and processes as necessary for your analysts to excel. In addition to their professional development, you will be responsible for the hiring and organizational structure of your team. You will also frequently be called upon to troubleshoot and adapt to solve problems in dynamic, high-energy situations. This is a full-time position that collaborates with development at all levels of leadership within Sledgehammer Games.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Daily leadership and development of an embedded QA team for end-to-end QA on AAA game titles.
• Strategic planning for multiple projects, QA process operations.
• Actively assess and communicate the needs or progress of development partners, and how they relate to the QA team's priorities and tasks.
• Actively develop and revise QA project and test plans, tracking work, risk management, and QA strategies and process.
• Oversee the creation and maintenance of training, testing tools, plans, and supporting documentation.
• Effectively collaborate and communicate with QA Leadership Partners (internally and externally), multiple interdisciplinary teams, departments, studio stakeholders and studio partners.
• Bachelor's Degree in Game/Software Development or related degree, or corresponding experience in software development.
• 6+ years supporting software development teams in a leadership role.
• At least 2 released game titles in leadership role within QA.
• Experience as a project and people manager for teams of 8+ direct reports.
• Confident familiarity with software project management methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, etc.).
• Confident familiarity with project management software (e.g. Jira, Hansoft).
• Experience with milestone deliverable tracking, metrics and status reports, performance reports, risk management, and signoffs.
• Experience with game and software development tools (e.g. Maya, C++, Radiant, Unreal, Perforce, etc.).
• Experience with multiple platform development projects (e.g. PC, Playstation, XBOX, etc.).
• Passion for games and demonstrable understanding of game industry and gaming trends.
• Master's degree or greater
• Software Project Management certifications (e.g. Agile Certified Scrum Master).
• 3+ released game titles in a leadership role within QA.
• Intimate knowledge of Call of Duty or other First-Person Shooter titles.
• Experience with programming languages such as C++, C#, or Python.
• Experience with Game Development Discipline software such as Maya, Houdini, Unreal, Radiant, or other development or mod tools.
• Experience with First Party Submission standards (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Apple, etc).
• Experience with network or server testing, test automation and tools, Live Services or Content Submission process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpp3w0-3-225-221-151-42 in your application.