Expert VFX Artist
Foster City, CA
Job Title:Outsource Artist- Weapons & Vehicles – Sledgehammer Games
As an Outsource Artist, you will be responsible for elevating the quality and fidelity of the weapon and vehicle assets for our next blockbuster game. You will act as the final gate for quality, checking that each asset adheres to our strict technical and quality guidelines and fixing and giving feedback for those that don't. This position will focus on weapons and vehicles and is open to both mid-level and senior-level talent. A portfolio of work is required to be considered for this position.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Help to define and champion the quality bar for Weapons and Vehicles
• Model and texture high quality 3D weapons and vehicles
• Take Outsource content and give it the final polish it needs for completion
• Assist in asset reviews, critiques, and establishing best practices for external and internal teams.
• Create and maintain high quality documentation detailing process, best practice, references etc.
• Mentor and direct integration artists on final polish.
• Troubleshoot technical and artistic issues.
• Communicate effectively with outsource partners, team members, production and management to ensure that project goals are met.
• Interface with Tech Art to help drive asset creation workflow and tool chain improvements
• 5+ years of experience creating high-quality 3D art assets for AAA games
• Specialization in Hard surface modeling and proper baking setup and workflows
• Ability to create realistic 3D weapons and vehicles, and textures from concept art and photo reference.
• Deep understanding of physically based shaders
• Proficient in next-gen asset creation.
• Strong written and verbal skills to facilitate documentation.
• Highly proficient in Maya, Substance Painter, Photoshop and Zbrush.
• Passion for gaming.
• Experience with a level editor (i.e. Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, Radiant, etc.)
• Strong understanding of fundamental art skills and foundations
• First Person Shooter development experience
• Experience working with outsource studios
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.