Sr. Technical Artist
Foster City, CA
Job Title:Multiplayer Technical Designer - Sledgehammer Games
As a Technical Multiplayer Designer, you have one of the most important roles on the team – design fun game modes and new ways of playing! You will own the creation of new content and features from end-to-end, prototyping, iterating, implementing, and tweaking throughout the process. Being a more technically-focused role, you will use your programming and scripting skills to build brand new game modes from scratch.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Utilize the game content, tools, and engine to create a brand-new player experience that you own from start to finish.
• Conceptualize, pitch and iterate on designs with the design team.
• Actively debate design concepts, systems and mechanics with the design team.
• Build technical expertise with all game tools and the engine concepts. To take a concept through all pipelines on your own.
• Constantly iterate on game mechanics and game systems to find the fun based on user feedback, analytics and design goals.
• Refine gameplay above and beyond expectations to execution excellence.
• 3+ years of experience designing games
• 3+ years of programming/scripting experience - C++, C#, Lua or other languages.
• Passion for Games, ideally First-Person Shooters
• Mental flexibility
• Mental fortitude
• Enjoy challenges and creative problem solving
• Modding experience (examples and portfolio pieces are highly encouraged)
• Have created a playable game in software by yourself
• Prior experience as a technical designer on a shipped AAA title
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.